Houston, Texas

American Home Shield,promises fix or replacement, what a lie, and they play constant games. How do these people get away with it and stay in business. They said they would fix my rusted, falling apart, 26yr old dishwasher that the motor & water pump was gone or I could take a settlement of a courtesy of $231. If I bought a replacement from them they would send the dishwasher out and it would be left, without installation, sitting in my livingroom in a box. That is not replacing it!!!

Had 2 other items, microwave and clothes washer, in the past 7yrs I have been with them it took them 2 mos.each time, playing their games, before they fixed them and I had to fight with them every step of the way. Their customer service is a laugh, I asked how would you like to be without an applicance for 2 mos. and I was told they wont have a problem with it. Another *** told me that, if I didnt have a model/serial # that the service people have a Big Book with pictures and it would not be a problem for them to pick the right picture.

They never call you back, you have to constantly call them to find out what is going on. They never have the number to the cancellation department either. This company is the biggest rip off going dont waste your money, you will be soooooooooooo sorry.

Comments

American Homeshield sent a plumber out several times to fix a leak on my hot water pipe under the house. The plumber used “duck tape” to repair the pipe.

Needless to say, the duck tape didn’t fix the leak. However, Mostly all of our walls cracked and our floors buckled causing costly damages to our home. Our children were sick from mold and my family had to go without hot water in very cold weather. We are suing American Homeshield and the plumber for the damages to our home, health, and living conditions.

While American Homeshield tries their best to get out of being responsible for the damages, they also sent us a letter saying that they are not renewing our contract. Oouuuch! Talk about insult to injury. If you are or used to be a customer or contractor I will be very grateful if I can get a statement from you sent to my email bpsashington@bellsouth.net.

Or call me (251)232-5106. I am especially interested in hearing from any contactors and former American Homeshield employees that can vouch for American Homeshield’s encouragement to make cheap repairs that only puts a temporary band-aid on the problem and their deceptiveness with denying claims that should be covered. Customers that share horror stories like mine and ended up with damage to their homes, I’d love to hear from you as well.

I am not looking for anyone to testify in court, only a true statement. I will also be willing to give my statement to anyone who needs it.

American Home Shield Reviews