Santa Rosa, California
2.7

Both my bathroom vanity faucets have developed cracks along each side, which are slowly getting wider. These were installed in 2012, are Delta faucets, and came with a lifetime limited warranty.

I called Delta and was told they would send me replacements for these faucets at no charge to me. I received these within just a couple of days. I then called AHS to arrange to have a plumber come out and remove the old ones and install the new ones. I was told that because I got the replacement faucets on my own, the work would not be covered.

Apparently what I was SUPPOSED to do was call the company, pay $75 for a plumber of their choice to come out to tell me the faucets need replacing, and then THEY order the replacement faucets. What brand, and of what quality is anyone's guess. I told them I felt this was absurd, and was basically told that I had no recourse, and that there was no way they would pay for installation of the new faucets. I informed them that I was extremely dissatisfied and that it was likely that I would soon be canceling my AHS coverage.

The woman on the phone made no response, and after a few seconds of silence, I hung up. I am now going to have to pay a plumber close to $300 to come out and do this work. And all because I did the up-front work of getting Delta to send me the replacement faucets. AHS is about to lose yet another unhappy customer.

They will always find a way to avoid having to cover whatever it is you may need done. I would strongly advise against signing up for AHS. My daughter lived in a condo for a couple of years, and her kitchen faucet developed a problem. The condo owner had AHS coverage.

They sent out a plumber who replaced the METAL brushed nickel kitchen faucet with a silver-colored plastic faucet. This is how they do business.

Reason of review: Because I got the replacement faucets, AHS would not pay for installation..

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Pros: Setting up original appointment.

American Home Shield Cons: Service and customer service.

Comments

It sounds like YOU did NOT read your contract.

American Home Shield Reviews