1524 Lincoln Hwy, Carroll, IA 51401, USA
Service Scheduling

I had a contractor came to my house 30 mins before schedule time walked in my house stayed 5 mins. and leave because he did not have his tools for the job.

The said contractor knew a head of time what the job service was and he showed up without his tools. That was in January 2018. I called numerous times requesting a new vendor to come out to my house and American Home Shield refuse to send out another vendor.

I was told I could request a new service vendor only if I put in another service call and pay another service fees. I have since not receive a refund from them first service request in January.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Customer Care.

I didn't like: Waiting on hold for an hour is beyond ridiculous, Bad vendor selection, Refuses to correct their mistakes.

Comments

h.kitchener

People mistakenly think they should "protect" themselves from any and all things that go wrong with appliances, etc. in their home and thus pay companies like AHS. Best to save your money for when something goes wrong or bad in the home and just pay for it from the money you saved.

to h.kitchener #1486301

I totally agree. I research companies on my own and make my own decision if I want to use them or not.

What these people do not realize is that they are at the mercy of these home service companies and they cannot choose their own contractors.

All they need to do is ask for recommendations from neighbors or check their neighborhood social network (great idea by the way) and go from there. I have found the best plumbers, HVAC companies, landscapers, etc., who are from my area and are local businesses.