My Air Conditioning went out over a week ago. I Live in Las Vegas where AC is of the utmost importance at this time of year.

I contacted AHS and they set up a HVAC company in my area to come out.

They came out and reported back that there was damage done to the compressor and because of that, AHS denied the claim.

I called a different AC company, they came out and assessed the problem as the unit being over 30 years old. The compressor and housing parts were sun-bleached and rusted and that the issue was that normal wear and tear was the problem. They actually told me that it's amazing that it lasted this long in the Nevada sun!

I called AHS back this morning and got nothing but the runaround. They tried to set me up with a "2nd opinion" and they told me everything was taken care of.

I contacted ULTRA HEAT N AIR (Company # 2...

DR. COOL was the 1st company out there) and thy told me that the order was CLOSED and that I had to call AHS back yet again. After another 40 minutes on the phone, nothing got done and I asked to speak to someone (ANYONE) in the USA, this after asking over and over to speak to a manager or escalations dept and they wouldn't transfer me. Literally REFUSED to grant my requests...

I finally got someone else that took ULTRA HEATING out of the picture and assigned me to a different company (EXCELLENT AIR).

Upon calling them, he told me that they do not do the sort of thing I need, all they do is repair old systems, not install new and when I told him the age of the AC unit, he told me it wouldn't be worth fixing! THIS IS YOUR CONTRACTOR TELLING ME THIS!!

I have been a realtor in Nevada for over 17 years, and after this mess, I WILL NEVER REFER ANYONE TO YOU EVER EVER AGAIN!

Also, for what it's worth, when a customer is obviously frustrated asking to speak to someone in the United States, CONNECT THEM TO SOMEONE! I know losing my business won't put you out of business, but I've truly never had as much aggravation in dealing with a company with the word AMERICAN in their name, not allowing a customer to be connected with someone IN America!

I expect a phone call from someone.

I've asked over 5 times, and all that happens is the same Philippine call center starts all over with me... it's not like they even look at the notes to see where I am in the process!

User's recommendation: DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT BUY A WARRANTY FROM AHS.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Cons: Terrible assistance, No custome service, Long hold time.

Location: Las Vegas, Nevada