Verified Reviewer

Britney Scott

To customer care

Good Afternoon,

My name is Britney and I have a couple warranty policies with AHS to cover two of my homes.

At my Property, the water Heater exploded last week.

I was charged $450 to get a "Temporary Water Heater" set, and now I'm being charged $605 for items AHS has deemed as "modifications" just to renege on its obligation.

Re-installing earthquake straps should not be considered a modification

Re-installing a drip pan under the water heater should also not be considered a modification.

Re-connecting drain and vents also should not be considered modifications.

I have re-reviewed the Contract and I bring to your attention:

1. UNDER SYSTEMS PLANS: # 5

*The Contract states all components and parts are covered except for items I'm not claiming or requesting.

UNDER THE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSIONS: 1F

Mentioned modifications, but this doesn't apply to my situation. I'm only asking that you cover all the cost to re-install the Water Heater. Nothing has been deemed defective.

3. UNDER PARTIAL EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE AND CERTAIN ADDITIONAL FEES: 4B,

Everything is being replaced in the same place it was removed.

There is no carpentry work, modifications (changes), or upgrades.

I'm very adamant about ensuring all my assets are covered, but this feels like a bad faith insurance deal. AHS doesn't appear to be upholding their duty of good faith and fair dealings.

I paid my premiums on multiple properties and now that I've had an emergency, AHS is finding ways to not pay the Plumber to replace AND install the water heater.

AGAIN, there are no modifications, so ALL parts and components should be covered as stated in your contract.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Location: Moreno Valley, California