Verified Reviewer

1.8

I live at 301 Bentwater PL and have a tankless water heater that has been out for 2 months. I filed a claim and a plumbing company responded.

The technician stated that I needed to replace the water heater. AHS responded that they would not pay for modifications and bringing it to code. I was upset, but after a few days told them to proceed. I have repeatedly called, navigating through the phone system to get to a person.

They repeatedly stated that they were working the issue. I would call the Plumber, and they stated that I needed to pay them upfront for the mods and code changes, which I did. When I called AHS they told me my claim was waiting on me to pay for the mods and code updates. It turns out that there was no communication between the plumber and AHS.

During my last call to AHS I informed them that I have water stains and mold growing in the interior wall where the hot water heater needs repair. AHS is now telling me the part is on order.

My problems are not being resolved, in fact they are getting worse. There has been poor communication throughout and no way to speak with a manager.

User's recommendation: Buyer be Ware.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Cons: Poor total coverage, Poor communication.

Comments