Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Before I sold my home, I suspected that I had a cracked heat exchanger in my furnace. Because I had previous bad customer service by AHS, I called a reputable furnace company to check the furnace.

Their master tech found the crack in the back of the furnace by scope and showed me the evidence. I then called AHS and after 5 days sent out a young man who claimed to be a good tech. I could tell from the beginning that he had no experience and didn’t have a clue where or how to find the crack. It took AHS two more try’s and finally with my help, they finally verified the crack.

At first they wanted to replace the heat exchanger. The reputable company stated that it’s more economical to replace the furnace because it was 20 years old. AHS finally agreed to replace the furnace after several calls and only when I called their CEO. Then and only then did they agree to replace the furnace with a very cheap one and nowhere near the quality of my original furnace.

After more discussions with the CEO’s office did they agree to pay half the price. I took their check and had the reputable dealer install the new furnace.

Warning......do not do business with this company.

Throughout the years I’ve owned a home, AHS has NOT lived up as advertised. Their sub contractors are horrible and very inexperienced.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 04.

Comments

You are digging deep within the bowels of a furnace to find a crack in the back with a scope. That was a carefully designed exploitation by you of the insurance company on a pre-existing condition.

Every furnace in existence has a crack in the back somewhere. You deserve every bit of runaround and frustration you got, along with the cheap furnace which they only paid half for. Nightmare customer, because you were selling the house and just wanted to maximize your gain on the house. How many other carefully crafted ripoffs have you conceived?

Probably many, because you seem like that kind of person. How does one “suspect there was a crack in the back of the heat exchanger”?

And I’m sure you can find your own HVAC guy to tell you that you need a new unit, because he wants a sale. Jerk