Baltimore, Maryland
1.6

Repeated attempts to have an air conditioner serviced resulted in no work accomplished. AHS charges a service fee when a contractor "arrives at your home." Be aware that if a contractor shows up and says "nope, can't fix that," it means you're paying.

If you try to reach AHS to discuss the situation, prepare for an hour plus wait on the phone. Their chat function online is just as backed up. As of now, I'm in minute 16 of waiting and the system says I have 49 minutes to go. That is no way to provide service.

Of course, I will not be able to cancel the service through online chat, so I am sure I'll have to cancel the auto-draw in order to extricate myself from these crooks.

Just awful.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Full refund of $125 service fee, refund of this month's contract fee and a cancellation of my warranty. .

American Home Shield Cons: Wait times for repair, Wait time on phone, Wait time on line, Value of service, Ability to cancel warranty.

• Bad service people
  • Residential Home Warranty
  • Home Shield
  • Long Waits

Comments

#1192161

In hot summer day we had AC broke down . After waiting an hour over the phone got some one online.

None of there contractors was willing to come out in a day or two. They wanted us to wait for 4-5days.

We could bear the heat and fixed the AC paying 770. We discovered that we were wasting our money on these crooks.

American Home Shield Reviews