89 views

Update by user Jul 13, 2017

another thing be advised that the customer service agent at AHS documents what they want to in your file and most of the time they leave out things that they tell you in order to ensure that they (AHS) is doing the right thing and that the customer is the problem.

Update by user Jul 13, 2017

Call AHS today 4 times. Was on hold for 45 minutes three times before I hung up on the fourth day I got a customer service agent.

Told her that this is the 3 time mu AC unit has not been working and I don't want to continue paying the copay she say well been 37 days and I will have to pay the copay so I requested to speak to a supervisor and of course no supervisor was available so she said she can email a supervisor and they will call me back in 24 to 48 hours. I say right been there done that.

The service agent said that since I didn't want to pay the copay she cannot dispatch anyone to service my unit and since I did not want a supervisor to call me back ( which they never do) the agent said well I am ending this call and she hung up the phone. In other words the agent was saying to me stop wasting my time.

Update by user Jul 13, 2017

and the lady just hung the phone up.

Original review posted by user Jul 13, 2017

I have had AHS since 1999. Last year in 2016 I started having problems with my AC.

Since that time every 60 days my AC would go out and AHS would not authorize a leak test. Every time I would had to pay the contractor the copay and a lot of money to put more refrigerant. This has been going for over a year now. AHS has no intention of fixing people AC units.

AHS only have a 30 day recall where if the item is not working in 30 days you don't have to pay the co pay again which is ridiculous. AHS has no intention of paying for any contractor to fixed the AC. AHS authorization department kept telling me that they did not authorize a leak test for the unit until the unit is more than 3 lbs of refrigerant low and that my unit holds a total of 8 lbs of refrigerant. Well the contactor that came out and told me that my unit only hold a maximum of 3 1/2 lbs of refrigerant.

So my unit was 95% low on refrigerant. I have called AHS every week and keep getting different customer service people who knows nothing except reading from the script that AHS provide to them.

I would not recommend this company if it was the last company on earth. This company is a scam when it comes to AC unit.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Claim.

Preferred solution: My want a refund of the money that I paid and I want my AC unit fixed where the unit does not stop working every 37 to 60 days or replace the AC unit..

American Home Shield Cons: Deceitful business practices.

Store Location: 7106 Knightdale Blvd, Knightdale, NC 27545, USA