Dallas, Texas

Interesting practice that American Home Shield does - 15 year old hot water heater goes out and the fittings that are there will not fit the new brand, AHS calls it an upgrade which it is not. An upgrade to a water heater would be something other than what is offered - like a tankless or a big one.

Oh yeah the first plumber that came out cut a pipe without relieving the T&P VALVE and caused water damage to ceiling...now they want come out. These guys remind me of the Incredibles movie - The Insurance company to be cautious of.

Comments

American Homeshield sent a plumber out several times to fix a leak on my hot water pipe under the house. The plumber used “duck tape” to repair the pipe.

Needless to say, the duck tape didn’t fix the leak. However, Mostly all of our walls cracked and our floors buckled causing costly damages to our home. Our children were sick from mold and my family had to go without hot water in very cold weather. We are suing American Homeshield and the plumber for the damages to our home, health, and living conditions.

While American Homeshield tries their best to get out of being responsible for the damages, they also sent us a letter saying that they are not renewing our contract. Oouuuch! Talk about insult to injury. If you are or used to be a customer or contractor I will be very grateful if I can get a statement from you sent to my email bpsashington@bellsouth.net.

Or call me (251)232-5106. I am especially interested in hearing from any contactors and former American Homeshield employees that can vouch for American Homeshield’s encouragement to make cheap repairs that only puts a temporary band-aid on the problem and their deceptiveness with denying claims that should be covered. Customers that share horror stories like mine and ended up with damage to their homes, I’d love to hear from you as well.

I am not looking for anyone to testify in court, only a true statement. I will also be willing to give my statement to anyone who needs it.

Hot water heater in the attic went out on Thursday. They claim a plumber called me same day, as well as the day after, and left voice mails.

I surely would know if I have voice mails on my cell phone. Their plumber was supposed to be there yesterday (Tuesday), and never showed up, never called.

AHS says that even though my plumber is going to do the repair (new tankless unit), I cannot remove the existing hot water heater and leave it in the garage for them to examine, that it has to be diagnosed as is. This is their "out" for not paying anything on it.