Mesquite, Texas

We have American home-shield and had a/c concerns that started in May 1, 2007.

There is no A/C service company in our area that works with AHS.

AHS finally got someone to come out of fort worth Texas @50 miles away to look at our A/C.

They said it was just low on refrigerant. I asked how it got low and he said that "Sometimes they just get low". I am not sure how that happens since it is a closed system. He said he recharged the system and that it is working as it should. I paid my 50.00 and thought that was the end of it.

We went on vacation June 3rd. Upon returning it was 94 degrees in our home. I did some checking and the A/C was not running. I called AHS and they said that they could get someone out to look at it. They said I would have to pay another 50.00 since the 30 day time period has passed. (it passed by 2 days). I went ahead and agreed because I have a son that has asthma.

They came out and said that the evaporator core had a leak around one of the tubes. (Now is when the fun begins). First they could not find one that fit our model. Then they said they found one so we set up the appointment to get it installed. (6 days later). We had been staying in a local motel for 6 days.

When they got there with the evaporator core they started tearing out the old one. Then I hear him say *** Come to find out he said they sent the wrong one. He said he called AHS and the company he got it from and it was an updated core. I assumed he knew what he was talking about. (My mistake). He got it to fit but the metal around the core had to be cut and "re-taped". He finished and I paid my 50.00 and he left.

We went to Houston to visit my wife's parents July 16 and when we got back it was 92 degrees in the house. The A/C was not working again.

I called AHS and they said they could get someone out there and that I would have to pay 50.00 again. They said it was over 30 days since the repair.

This time I requested another company to do the work. The CS supervisor said that they usually don't do that but since I had problems before they would get another company to come out and look at it.

The Tech came out and he said the condenser was leaking and there was no refrigerant in the system.

He charged the system (I thought it was illegal to charge a system that had known leaks). He said the condenser had to be replaced. They got the condenser here local and finished it the same day. Then he said "Now it is working right".

We went to visit my parents Aug. 22nd. When we got back the A/C was not working again. I called AHS and she said that she would get someone out to look at it in a couple of days. We went back to the local motel. 8 days later they were there to look at the A/C. They said the compressor locked up and they would have to upgrade the system to seer 13. They ordered the A/C unit and 5 days later were there to install it.

Of course I had to pay another 50.00 because it had been working for over 30 days. (I see a pattern).

They said they had to replace one of the lines that goes from the outside unit to the inside unit because they installed a seer 13 unit and that the labor and the line was not covered by the warranty. They said that AHS should have explained all of that to me. I had to pay another 475.00 for them to put on the line and run it through the attic.

After they left I noticed that one of the rooms by the inside unit was not cooling. There was barely any air coming from the duct. I called a friend of mine and he climbed in the attic and come to find out they smashed the duct work going to that room. He said it looks like someone got tired and sat on it.

When I called AHS to complain they said they would look into it. I never heard back from them.

I called the A/C company that installed it and he said and I quote "We are a professional Service and none of our techs would have done that. I noticed you have a teenager, I think he was in the attic playing around and done the damage you are referring to. I think you are trying to get some free work done". I must say I blew a gasket after he said that.

I did some checking after all of this was done and I contacted a local A/C company and explained just what I am telling you now and he told me that he would have replaced the outside unit the same time the evaporator core was replaced due to the age of the system and he would have done everything for 1589.38 and there would not have been any nights in the motel.

19 days at a motel @ 110.00/night = 2090.00

not including meals.

Labor = 475.00

deductibles= 250.00

Total money spent was 2815.00

I looked at the inside system the other day and there is water leaking from around the "Re-tape" job that was done and the metal is pulling away from the evaporator core. The closet that the inside unit is in is nice and cool though. I'll bet I don't call AHS this time.

Welcome to my nightmare!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Comments

If you are disgusted with AHS's business tactics, customer relations AND DENIAL OF TRUE, VALID CLAIMS (ie: Breach of Contract)....

Here's some info:

If you're seeking CEO David Crawford's voicemail - here's how.

Dial 1-866-305-0259 as stated above. When the phone system says "Thank you for calling American Home Shield.... please enter your Representative's Extension" -

DO THE FOLLOWING:

Enter Ext. # 1000

The Greeting will then say: "Welcome to Avia Messaging, please enter the mailbox # of the person you are calling.... IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE MAILBOX NUMBER, PRESS STAR (*) TO SPELL THE NAME"....

After that sentence, IMMEDIATELY PRESS STAR (*) - then spell David Crawford's LAST NAME:

just input, "CRAW".... you will then be taken to: DAVE CRAWFORD'S VOICEMAIL....

Kindly leave your message.

If you want to call bluff - redial the 1-866 number above, go to Ext. 1000 and then input Judy's Extension "2100" (Judy Peedic - The Executive Assistant to David Crawford) - it will take you to her voicemail (or she will pick up) - so the Avia Messaging System is that of AHS...

Also, another Executive Assistant to David Crawford is a person by the name of "Matthew Boyd" his extension is 2103 at the same 1-866 number listed above (again, his extension also works in the Avia Messaging System @ AHS).

I hope American Home Shield makes right on alot of the breach of contract issues... :)

PASS THE INFO ON TO ANY SITE YOU SEE THAT CONTAINS AHS COMPLAINTS!!!

@ANON

This contact information is no longer valid, as David Crawford is no longer the CEO of AHS. For currant information, go to AHS parent company's website at www.servicemaster.com

Here's some info:

If you're seeking CEO David Crawford's voicemail - here's how.

DO THE FOLLOWING:

Enter Ext. # 1000

just input, "CRAW".... you will then be taken to: DAVE CRAWFORD'S VOICEMAIL....

Kindly leave your message.

PASS THE INFO ON TO ANY SITE YOU SEE THAT CONTAINS AHS COMPLAINTS!!!

I had a plumber come out on a non warranty issue and he discovered that my water heater was leaking. I went through the hassle of contacting AHS to get the water heater replaced.

A week later on the morning the plumber was coming to replace the water heater he calls me and says that AHS wants a second opinion. AHS didn't bother to notify me during the 8 days since I set up the service call. Then AHS charges me $60 for the guy that didn't replace my water heater. The reason was because the service call was placed.

He did NOTHING!!!! I called AHS and after waiting 42 minutes for someone to answer I got a bi***. After calmly explaining the problem she said you have to pay or we will put you in a collection agency. I said I am not paying this and to cancel this warranty.

The seller's had paid for it and it is totally worthless.

Never do business with AHS!!!!!!

American Home Shield Reviews