Fort Worth, Texas
1.3

Guest bath drain clogged and backed up into shower. I called AHS and they were able to have someone come out a few days later to clear the blocked drain through vent stack.

Guest bath drain clogged a second time after another guest stayed with us, this time flooding the guest bedroom. I called AHS, fortunately within "covered" period so no cost to me but they could not send someone for 4 days! Standing waste water in house; obviously I cleaned this up myself with a shop vac and mop.

When contractor arrived he said he could not clear my drain under AHS contract because there was no clean out on the ground level. I explained the last guy (same company and under AHS) cleared through vent stack. He explained first plumber should not have done that because AHS will not cover clearing a drain unless there is a clean out on ground level.

So after 4 days of waiting and expecting clearing drain at no additional cost to me, myoptions were to pay $375 for him to go on the roof to run cable through vent stack, or to have him do nothing and I take the matter up with AHS at a later date, or I could send him away and call another plumber on my dime.

I paid $375 for him to clear drain from vent stack on roof out of frustration and desperation. AHS called me two days later to explain to me my options as they will not cover vent stack drain clearing. I told the guy it was too late; 7 days after backup and I had plumber clear from roof. I expressed my frustrations and told them I feel they should pay me the $375.

The rep refused to explain why first plumber cleared drain from roof under AHS but did kindly tell me I was not an expert, and that it was my choice to pay to have drain cleared, and that AHS is not responsible for any cost as my drains are not covered under warranty without a clean out on the ground floor. He suggested that I have a clean out installed on the ground floor so they can clear all blockages for $75.

I should have saved the incremental $300 cost to me and 4 days by not using AHS ($75 for first call & additional $225) by calling my personal plumber who will clear any drain for flat $150 rate; still expensive but cheaper and less frustrating than AHS.

AHS provides terrible service, is a rip off, a waste of anyone's time and can be frustrating beyond belief.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Comments