Tuscaloosa, Alabama

OMG, we have used AHS for almost 10 years now and the first few years I thought they were a miracle. About 5 years ago it seemed to fall apart.

My current problem is a Sears (who owns AHS by the way) washer and dryer that are only 3 years old and has required a total of 7 major parts on order.After a total of 7 phone calls including wait time of approx 4 hours (240minutes)in the last 26 days all the parts have not yet been received. I am now on hold with AHS who is checking it out again, finally came back and cant understand why it should take almost 30 days. Parts still on order.

$60 in laundry expense incurred.

Don't even ask about the new air conditioner installed 5 years ago with 3 new compressor units installed since.

Comments

I suggest a class action lawsuit.....

REALLY....

Just to keep you all advised here is the latest in the Washer Saga. I have sent to AHS.

Hello, I have never been so confused in all my life. This repair is going on 45 days at this point and according to the contractor, Nell of Appliance connection:

-You continuously require them to wait for YOU to order the parts, which she said is the only time you have ever requested that and that normally you allow them to order them from their source. They ususally get parts in 1 to 2 days but your first order took over 3 weeks to be completely filled.

-When the second call was required you again said you would order the parts and told Nell that it could take up to 2 weeks, then sent her a confirmation that said 2 to 4 days, then another confirmation that said 3 to 5 days.

-When I called your customer service 2 days ago on 7/12 I was told the parts would be to Appliance Connection today Thursday 7/14.

-As you can see this claim is not in it's 7th week we have been without a washer we have over $100 in Laundry charges, and my wife is leaving Sunday for a 2 week mission trip to Brazil and will need clean cloths.

What am I missing. We need IMMEDIATE ACTION.

I am asking an immediate reimbursment of Laundry Charges of $40 (you have already waived the NEXT repair co:pay of $60), either a new machine of a COMPLETLEY REPAIRED machine by Saturday 7/16 at 10:00AM and if not a $100 per day reimbursement for time, suffering and lack of response.

I am truely sorry I have to resort to such harsh statements but hopefully you can understand my situation.

Sincerely, Michael H. Palecek.

OOPS sorry about the SEARS AHS wrong connection.

Just wanted to give the audience an update on the repair.

We are now without a washer going on 1 1/2 months. The repair company replaced upwards of $600 in electronics not counting Labor and said all was well. In the 1st load one of the fatal error problems occured again where the machine triggered an out of balance shut down with a light test load and continued a fill empty regiment. When the contractor was contacted they said that they would again need authorization from AHS to have them come out.

I'm not sure who I am most upset with AHS, SEARS or the contractor although they always answer on the 1st or 2nd ring. Will keep you posted.

AHS is owned by ServiceMaster Corporation, not Sears, Roebuck.

Sears doesn't own american home shield..pay attention

dont blame the contractor ahs encourges contractors to have claims denied

American Home Shield Reviews