Washington, District Of Columbia

My A/C went out last night so I went online to schedule service with AHS. I get an error, saying they are having an upgrade/technical difficulties.

So I proceed to call the 800#, which give me the same message. Desperate, I choose a large, nationwide A/C repair company, ARS, and explain the situation. They then refuse to schedule a service call because they are a provider for AHS and cannot accept work orders!! Even though I told them I was paying out of pocket!!

You still cannot schedule service online or call in today! Are they going out of business or what is going on?? They are going to have one heck of another class action on their hands!!

I am considering cancelling my contract. Anyone else having this problem??

Comments

I have been a customer for 16 years and they just sent me a form letter saying they are not offering me a renewal ????

Well...let's see.....as I remember, Microsoft also had a crash, a major bank had a crash, Playstation had a crash. These are computers we are talking about. They are not infallable!

well I don't think they would see it that way if it happened to my bank when they are trying to draft the premium out of my account!! They are a large company and seems like they could have planned better to the worst case scenario.

AHS is not going out of business!! What happened was they were doing maintenance on their systems to upgrade and when they went to put it back online, the system crashed.

It is an inconvenience, but it happens to the best of them!!! Try to have some understanding!!

I am experiencing the exact same problem with trying to get them to help me with my garbage disposal. I must say however that I have been a customer for several years and this is the only time I've had issues. If I didn't know better I'd say they're having financial problems and possibly going out of business or selling the company.

I called AHS Saturday, August13, for a refrigerator that was not cooling at all. After I was given a call reference # I called Sears, the assigned contractor, to arrange for a service call.

After learning that I was an AHS customer, Sears told me that they would not be able to come to diagnose my repair until August 26th. They then called AHS to inform them that Sears would not be able to make a service call until well after the warranty time frame. AHS then assigned me a different service reference # and said that another service provider would be in touch. No service company has called.

Yesterday when I called AHS, I asked to speak with a supervisor. The CS rep said she was a floor supervisor and gave me her name. She was located at the Georgia call cente. She said that since she could not access my contract in their system, she would not believe my reading of the contract to her and she would not take any steps to allow me to contact an independent repair service paid for by AHS as my contract allows.

She would not allow me to talk to her supervisor saying that the manager was unavailable and would just tell me the same thing anyway. She said that AHS does not keep paper copies of the names and addresses of AHS contractors names and addresses so I would not be able to try to locate a service order on my own. AHS first described the computer as being down for system wide enhancements are being installed. Now the announcement states that AHS cannot take anything but emergency requests for service until Wednesday after 8am becasue of system-wide technical problems.

Funny that they can forcast the time and date when the technical difficulties will be resolved. My guess is that AHS has determined that this being the 3rd request for service on the refrig., they don't want to pay for any more service calls since we have exceeded the yearly payment of our service contract.

Same problem, told them it was emergency and escalated to supervisor. Supervisor took call, I gave them a tech company they used in the past for my A/C and they setup the dispatch without further problems. They cannot use their systems, but the supervisor (Tammy) was great.

I am not very happy with AHS (in general), they have caused me numerous headaches, issues and huge delays over the years, but if you keep on them, they do come through.

I am currently having the same problem

We are a heating and ac contractor for American Home shield, have been for 10 years now, and never experienced any thing like this before. We are very concerned as a contractor because we have thousands of dollars in parts and repairs for AHS customers.

AHS has always been a very good company to deal with, but this is VERY concerning. I am here searching the internet for bankruptcy or other bad news related to AHS. We have already put a hold on all part orders and have had to tell customers waiting for parts that we can't begin the ordering process. AHS is telling customers on the phone line that its a maintenance issue..

But telling contractors "unforeseen technical difficulties are expected to be cleared up by the end of the week" As a contractor there have been strange events showing up with online billing being non functional and then all of a sudden becoming functional after the 'cutoff' at midnight, to submit invoices, causing an additional week of waiting to receive payment. We thought maybe the invoices were adding up to too much money and they were shutting down the servers and setting them on a timer to come back on after the cutoff time at midnight to spread expenses out leaving contractors holding the bag for an extra week.

Now this? Obviously very bad because AHS in in breach of every contract for this week across the nation, except for possibly 'emergency' requests, because it is our understanding that those are the only requests being addressed.

Been waiting on a compressor for my broken AC unit for 8 days. Tems were 105++ last week. Only 103 today.

Called to check the status of my part and was told their system would be down until Wednesday. Today is Monday. How could any company that relies on it's database not have a better backup plan?

Unbelievable.

Fingers crossed that my part was already shipped.

American Home Shield Reviews