Walnut Creek, California

Please don't use AHS since they will make an excuse not to cover any appliances that needs repair. I paid $360.00 (for a year) plus three $55.00 visits for 3 separate issue.

NONE was fix but receive plenty of excuses why its not covered. Dishwasher leak : only one gasket was covered the other wasn't. Plumbing leak : didn't want to fix the leak until i replace all of the caulking in the bathroom. I had to pay $160.00 out of my pocket and they will return if its still leaking to fix it.

Garage door opener spring broke (not covered) and the gear (covered).

Since the spring was not covered and they concluded that the spring was the reason for the gear to break now everything was not covered. This company will make an excuse not to pay any amount of money.

Comments

American Homeshield sent a plumber out several times to fix a leak on my hot water pipe under the house. The plumber used “duck tape” to repair the pipe.

Needless to say, the duck tape didn’t fix the leak. However, Mostly all of our walls cracked and our floors buckled causing costly damages to our home. Our children were sick from mold and my family had to go without hot water in very cold weather. We are suing American Homeshield and the plumber for the damages to our home, health, and living conditions.

While American Homeshield tries their best to get out of being responsible for the damages, they also sent us a letter saying that they are not renewing our contract. Oouuuch! Talk about insult to injury. If you are or used to be a customer or contractor I will be very grateful if I can get a statement from you sent to my email bpsashington@bellsouth.net.

Or call me (251)232-5106. I am especially interested in hearing from any contactors and former American Homeshield employees that can vouch for American Homeshield’s encouragement to make cheap repairs that only puts a temporary band-aid on the problem and their deceptiveness with denying claims that should be covered. Customers that share horror stories like mine and ended up with damage to their homes, I’d love to hear from you as well.

I am not looking for anyone to testify in court, only a true statement. I will also be willing to give my statement to anyone who needs it.

American Home Shield Reviews