Killeen, Texas

American Home Shield is a scam. Do not purchase as it is a rip-off.

Of two repair requests, they found ways to deny coverage that other home warranty companies cover. If you read the fine lines in contract - NOTHING is covered. They will also find ways to take several months to refund service call fees etc. They have such bad customer service they hope you will give up.

Avoid this company at all costs.

My real estate agent recommended this company because they pay commissions to agents. I have used other companies for home warranty for previous homes and American Home Shield is the WORST.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Comments

AHS is a fraudulent company and they will ripp you off if you think they will help you.

I had to pay to get my a/c fixed $2700 simply because they refused to do it because of the access to the attic. So, I also paid them for over 3 years, monthly payments, just to get robbed from them.

So they just decided to cash me out for $600 when the complete job coswt was $2700......So if you are their customer, believe me! You will get ripped off when the time to pay for costly repairs comes...get out and just save your money and the trouble if you are with AHS.

AHS has migrated to a new program for putting in service requests. It has zero flexibility and take out all the choices customers had in the past.

They will try to send out 3 diffrent companies when only one is required so that they can collect on the service fee. this is totally disgusting.

I had several occasions where I had to call back and correct it. With the new system the customer rep cannot tesearch anything, basically they have to convince you to go with whatever pops up on their screen.

@NEW PROGRAM

Same thing happened to me. I was ripped off for a year and just renewed but as soon as my current repair is finally made, I am dropping them. The service is terrible and it takes forever to get a simple repair made.

Here are some tips: call back and ask to be connected to your local AHS rep. They can help you out, offer personal service and get/clarify questions and answers! If cust service cant, call a realty comp and ask them who the rep is.

AND... ask for a 2nd OPINION!

Also, go online and read the contract! Like all other warranties, see what is and isnt covered. I have WONDERFUL experiences with AHS and WOULD NOT use anything else!

Here is a tip: call back and ask to be connected to your local AHS rep. They can help you out, offer personal service and get/clarify questions and answers!

If cust service cant connect you, call a realty comp and ask them who the rep is.

Also, go online and read the contract!

Be careful...if you use a zero and a right parenthesis in your comment, it will convert to a *** smiley face. Try it!

0 ) = zero/space/parenthesis

0) = Zero/parenthesis.

Come on folks, fix this.

I got a solicitation from them via my mortgage company. The fine print stated I could call and ask for a copy of the contract.

I did. The rep asked which contract, "Essential" or "Enhanced". I said "both". She refused, and said she could only send one.

***THIS IS A RED FLAG *** and a predictor of future customer disservice. I asked for the "Enhanced" contract (on 03/17/2008). Never received it. Then, I did a google search and found A LOT of bad comments about them, including this site.

Thanks for the info! I will not do business with them.

American Home Shield Reviews