Raleigh, North Carolina

AHS is a scam. They make their money by being sure to avoid your expenses.

(e.g. an insurance company). To work with a company that lacks accountability and is so comfortable with false advertising of poor services astounds me. I was cordially assured that their company not only was not responsible for the damage that their contractor caused to my home.

Not only were they not responsible, but did not even want to see the images of the damage he caused. They informed me that he did not follow "procedures' on their end by "calling in a diagnosis" befor repairs, prior to repairing. But again, that is of no concern of theirs. They were not interested that now I face 1000's of $'s of repair because the damages their contractor caused, "work" ordered by them, as they would not allow me to use my known, trusted and quality plumber.Their guarantee is false.

Beyond that, their concern for "the customer's satisfaction" and mission of "protecting their home" is smoke and mirrors. They are readily content with faulty and destructive contractors and peacefully lack accountability for the services they provide.

DON'T BE FOOLED.

Comments

v. m

I agree. LOUSY SCAM COMPANY.

WRITE TO THE CEO AND GO TO CONSUMER AFFAIRS AND FILE A COMPLAINT. :cry :cry :( :x :upset :upset

American Home Shield, (a/k/a A.H.S.) is one giant corporate greedy scam. The root-cause of their problems is that they are owned by ServiceMaster.

This is the same company that also owns TruGreen LawnCare and Terminix Pest Control. All of these companys have a horrible history of scamming people.

For details see WWW.SCAMFOUND.COM

If you are disgusted with AHS's business tactics, customer relations AND DENIAL OF TRUE, VALID CLAIMS (ie: Breach of Contract)....

Here's some info:

If you're seeking CEO David Crawford's voicemail - here's how.

Dial 1-866-305-0259 as stated above. When the phone system says "Thank you for calling American Home Shield.... please enter your Representative's Extension" -

DO THE FOLLOWING:

Enter Ext. # 1000

The Greeting will then say: "Welcome to Avia Messaging, please enter the mailbox # of the person you are calling.... IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE MAILBOX NUMBER, PRESS STAR (*) TO SPELL THE NAME"....

After that sentence, IMMEDIATELY PRESS STAR (*) - then spell David Crawford's LAST NAME:

just input, "CRAW".... you will then be taken to: DAVE CRAWFORD'S VOICEMAIL....

Kindly leave your message.

If you want to call bluff - redial the 1-866 number above, go to Ext. 1000 and then input Judy's Extension "2100" (Judy Peedic - The Executive Assistant to David Crawford) - it will take you to her voicemail (or she will pick up) - so the Avia Messaging System is that of AHS...

Also, another Executive Assistant to David Crawford is a person by the name of "Matthew Boyd" his extension is 2103 at the same 1-866 number listed above (again, his extension also works in the Avia Messaging System @ AHS).

I hope American Home Shield makes right on alot of the breach of contract issues... :)

PASS THE INFO ON TO ANY SITE YOU SEE THAT CONTAINS AHS COMPLAINTS!!!

@ANON

The above info is not valid anymore, as David Crawford is no longer the Pres of A.H.S. The best recourse is to contact AHS parent company via www.servicemaster.com

American Homeshield sent a plumber out several times to fix a leak on my hot water pipe under the house. The plumber used “duck tape” to repair the pipe.

Needless to say, the duck tape didn’t fix the leak. However, Mostly all of our walls cracked and our floors buckled causing costly damages to our home. Our children were sick from mold and my family had to go without hot water in very cold weather. We are suing American Homeshield and the plumber for the damages to our home, health, and living conditions.

While American Homeshield tries their best to get out of being responsible for the damages, they also sent us a letter saying that they are not renewing our contract. Oouuuch! Talk about insult to injury. If you are or used to be a customer or contractor I will be very grateful if I can get a statement from you sent to my email bpsashington@bellsouth.net.

Or call me (251)232-5106. I am especially interested in hearing from any contactors and former American Homeshield employees that can vouch for American Homeshield’s encouragement to make cheap repairs that only puts a temporary band-aid on the problem and their deceptiveness with denying claims that should be covered. Customers that share horror stories like mine and ended up with damage to their homes, I’d love to hear from you as well.

I am not looking for anyone to testify in court, only a true statement. I will also be willing to give my statement to anyone who needs it.

American Home Shield Reviews