Chicago, Illinois

I have had American Home Shield on a small building I own and I can truly say it was the worst waste of money, ever. They say they cover many things (appliances, electrical, plumbing...etc.

systems in a home) but they have SO MANY disclaimers, limitations, exceptions, it's virtually never happened that I haven't shelled out hundreds for repairs. You pay approximately $50-$75 per month and service calls are each $75.00. They claim they'll send out a service man within 24 hours, but it usually takes 72. Things you really need like providing Freon for air compressors is not covered.

We got a replacement air compressor after they had tried to FIX it for years, but ended up having to pay $700.00 or so for small 'add-ons'--things like hauling the old one out (no one but them charges for things like that). Within 1 month it needed Freon (what?) which WE paid for, then one year later it stopped working, and a part that they didn't cover was needed and our cost was $700.00. What a joke.

DESPISE them. Now, the caveat...to cancel you HAVE TO CALL...I have been 'on hold' for more than 30 minutes...!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Claim.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

#1197804

Contact your State Attorney General and file a complaint. Then contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint.

American Home Shield Reviews