2.8
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

We are new homeowners and had the home warranty put into place in case of emergencies as no one likes surprises. Purchased the home a little over two months ago and now the wiring has melted on the compressor leaving it stuck open which has caused it to stop blowing cool air through the A/C which they denied our claim on the basis of bent fens on the unit.

This to my surprise is not covered and is not normal wear on a unit thus nullifying anything the warranty can do.

To be honest, my wife and I will keep AHS till the contracts end but will not be renewing. Also we were denied within four hours counting the time it took for the company to establish what had gone wrong with out AC on the first go around.

Review about: American Home Shield Homeowners Policy Claim.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: Companies sent for service.

I didn't like: Vague warranty coverage, Quick claim denial.

Comments

The first thing the contractor looks for is physical damage, because AHS does not cover visibly damaged equipment. If the contractor repairs damaged equipment, it is at his own expense, as all the repairs are anyway.

At least he does not HAVE to work on damaged equipment. It does not matter what caused the damage or when it occurred, or how long it has been working with the damage present.

Avon, Indiana, United States #1337093

Have also and had for a long time along with 5 other contracts with them for my rental properties, they don't honor the warranties when it comes down to needing it, they look for the cheapest companies to do the shady work and still make you pay for parts they don't cover, going to cancel all my contracts which is over 350 dollarso a month,( you can do the math) and when I need them they suck, going to let people know not to use them , That if they can't fix it will replace *** is for the birds