Tustin, California

I was a satisfied AHS customer for years. Since they consolidated with ServiceMaster, though, I've had nothing but problems.

First, their plumber told me I had an external plumbing leak - not covered, of course. $3000 and 1 month later the excessive water usage continued and I called again (and paid another callout fee). The tech spent 5 minutes fixing a running toilet. When I called AHS to express suspicion about the necessity for the initial work, their response was to have the plumbing company call me and repeat that the work they had done was necessary.

AHS took no responsibility and did not even try to assist.

I received an AHS warranty on a new home, but the warranty didn't cover the washer, dryer, and washing machine. I paid to have these coverages added on Day 1. On Day 3, AHS sent out a plumber although I'd explained that this was clearly an appliance issue.

On Day 4, several very rude reps refused to do anything because AHS didn't assign an appliance tech until Day 3, and said I would have to wait until Day 5 for a repair. In AHS-speak, this is still within the promised 48-hour service window. In other words, my household of asthmatics would have to wait 5 days for a repair because AHS misrouted the original ticket. Of course the cancellation department was less than helpful, keeping me on the phone for more than 20 minutes and trying to insist on calling and scheduling the service for me as a "courtesy." In all, it cost me over 4 hours' telephone time for a repair that was never done.

Since the delay caused mold in the washer, it had to be replaced and I am suing AHS.

The company completely failed to understand that "their policy" does not supersede contractual provisions and when they promise a repair in 2 days, they don't get to reset the clock at will and claim that 6 days is timely service.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Home Warranty.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

As soon as any company gets bought buy ServiceMaster their customer service goes downhill! Just look at TruGreen LawnCare and Terminix Pest Control as 2 other prime examples. They all care way more about taking your money, than providing quality customer service!!!!!!!

If you have elderly or seniors you look out for and they have AHS, get them to get rid of it and get an honorable company.

Case in point my 80+ year old parents'

air conditioning unit went out during the 93+ temps recently.

They sent these jerks to check it and tell them the unit went out because it was dirty. The compressor failed, due to the high temps. I provided proof of proper maintenance. AHS refused to pay for the repair. They have started to practice elder and senior citizen abuse. Beware of this company.

American Home Shield Reviews