184 views

Middle of the night bathroom call, splashing through water flooding the bathroom and bedroom adjacent to it. So I shut off the water from the outside and looked up my AHS policy, since the home came with the policy.

Plumber showed up 3days later, at 5pm. Sure enough he said it was water, duh, had me call his buddies who did water damage remediation. Well the plumber took off before, he had to do any work. At least these guys found the source, sewer was backed up!!

Ugh. The plumber was too lazy to even look for the source. They did get it cleaned up and dried out 2 days later. Plumber would not schedule a visit until AFTER they had Finished their work!

Okay scheduled the plumber again, and 3 more day later, PS - The Water is STILL turned OFF!!!! He had to be told the problem was the sewer backed-up! After 30 min of pushing his Camera down the sewer pipe, he said he could not SEE anything but he could not clear it!! My Policy states they will clear a blockage within the first 100 feet from the home, good my drain was only 80 feet to the sewer main.

Next morning tired of NO WATER, I called a real plumber, it was cleared in 45 minutes, he also showed me what the problem was, a root had caused the stoppage. After My wife and I called and talked to the AHS person in charge we were informed they would not pay for a REAL plumber only their Co-Conspirators and we had to go through their system of referrals. The first plumber was a liar and fraud, why would I use them AGAIN? We had NO WATER people!!!

See what a conspiracy to Defraud Looks like? We were on the phone for an hour, and they refused to acknowledge their liability to perform per their Contract! Here is the Key, the Plumber got paid when he showed up and filled out the paperwork saying 'It can't be fixed". He figured out he does not have to work to get paid, and their lies the problem.

AHS and their referral partners are FRAUD.

It takes them both, so the Conspiracy to defraud! The Real Estate community needs to know the extra bonus they are providing is merely FRAUD.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Homeowners Policy Claim.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

American Home Shield Cons: Failure to perform.

Store Location: 889 Ridge Lake Blvd, Memphis, TN 38120, USA