103 views

I placed an service order for an emergency plumber to come out due to my basement flooding, which appeared that my sump pump was not working, the vendor that was identified communicated that they would come for repairs, after waiting for about 7 hours the vendor never showed, American Home Shield was contacted again at which time it was discovered that the initial call was never escalated as an emergency even though I communicated with the service representative that my basement was flooding and it was expectant rain the entire evening; however the call was then escalated to their dispatch department who were to find a vendor to come out, I inquired about finding my own vendor as this was an urgent and emergency situation, I was told that I had to give the dispatch department 4 hours to find a vendor then call back to get the vendor approved which at that time it was 11pm at night, American Home shield never responded nor did the dispatch department ever call. I had to get an vendor to come out on an emergency call and pay out of pocket.

Amercian Home Shield was contacted the next day to speak with a supervisor for approval as this is what was communicated, it was then determined that it have to go to the claims department for approval. This is one of the poorest warranty company that I have seen by far.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Homeowners Policy Claim.

Reason of review: poor vendor service, long wait time and not delivering expectation of the service that is being paid for.

American Home Shield Cons: Misleading contracts.

Comments

Machele

One thing you quickly learn when you have a sump pump in your basement is to always, always have a spare new one on hand for just such an emergency---plus, of course a couple of buckets near the sump hole to use for bailing out some water while you swap out sump pumps. Now you know.

American Home Shield Reviews