Pompano Beach, Florida

DO NOT USE AMERICAN HOME SHIELD THEY ARE A SCAM

I took out a warranty with American Home Sheild in May of this year.

They told me that there is a 2 week waiting period before the policy takes effect and I was fine with that as everything was working.

My policy took effect June 11th 2015. On June 16th I called AHS because my air conditioning unit was not blowing cold air. They sent a technician over to take a look. He said that it was a leak in the compressor and that it was normal wear and tear and he would call it in to AHS to get the approval to fix the problem.

They then asked him to come by the next day and take another look which he did, and again he came to the same conclusion. This time to speed up the process he took the old compressor out. The next day I get a call from AHS telling me the claim was denied because the technician had told them that it was a preexisting condition and also my policy had only just taken effect. That that has to do with anything I don't know.

I called the technician and he confirmed that he did NOT tell them it was preexisting and that it was normal wear and tear. I called AHS and asked to speak to a supervisor. Andre Jones called me the next day we reviewed the events and he said he would call me back. When he called back he said that he had listened to the call from the technician and had heard him say that it was a preexisting condition.

I asked him to play me the recording and he refused and told me that i would just have to take his word for it. The claim was denied and that was final. I ended up spending $1000's to get it fixed.

When I told the technician about my conversation with Andre Jones he said that Andre was notorious in S Florida for denying claims with no proof. DO NOT USE AMERICAN HOME SHIELD THEY ARE A SCAM

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Claim.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

American Home Shield Cons: Not honoring their contract, No integrity, Breach of contract, Misinformation, Communication.

Comments