63 views
Verified Reviewer

1.2

American Home Shield is not a reputable company. I have been a customer with them for over 5 years and until recently I never had any major issues with my Appliances or at least I didn't think I did.

Last year my AC was not cooling properly they sent a tech out who I recently found out the tech just put a bandaid on the issue. So fast forward in March same scenario happen with the AC. The first company that came out claimed there was wire damage caused my possibly an animal. I requested a second opinion and the second tech stated that there was wire damage as well as the coil and compressor needed to be replace.

Claim denied by AHS. I then contacted an independent company that has no ties to AHS and their finding was as follows.......Compressor was shorted out. When attempted to energize breaker would trip after looking through wiring found that previous techs have done poor job of repairing the system properly. They have cut and bypassed wires..

found compressor weren't plugged into contractor.. Condenser fan motor running constantly without call for air conditioning.. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE NOT GOOD PEOPLE.

When you call to speak with someone that is another challenge because they all have broken English and they answer your questions through a script. on top of that they will consistently thank you while not addressing your needs and concerns.

I can go on and on but I am sure you guys get the picture. one more thing the hold wait time at minimum is about an hour.

User's recommendation: Do not use AHS.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Air Conditioner Replacement.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Pros: Buying the warranty was easy.

American Home Shield Cons: On hold an hour, Deny claims that should be approved, Withholds owed reimbursements, Phone call wait times are 30-45 minutes.

Comments

#1919784

Is anyone aware of any class action lawsuuits against this scam business??

American Home Shield Reviews