Houston, Texas

I contacted AHS on behalf of my mother when her AC condensor failed. They are attempting to replace her Rudd condensing unit with a much cheaper unit made by Payne (a division of Carrier).

I contacted the call center and spoke with a "robot" who stated that they would replace "like features and like quality". When pressed on the quality issue the representative wouuld kept stating that our cash out option was available for less than a third of what it would cost to fix.

Something that might be helpful to others is the fact that I tracked down the service provider themselves and they sent me a quote for the actual replacement cost and stated on the docuemtns that the Payne was not recommended and was not comperable. The battle is still going and we plan to take legal action if this is not resolved.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

here's a couple ideas for you:

-follow american home shield on twitter. then tell in 140 characters or less what they did factually and what you want.

-file a complaint with the better business bureau online. this works

i have american home shield and have read their contract carefully, specifically regarding air conditioners. i also talked to the contractor they sent out.

my experience has been excellent with them.

American Home Shield Reviews