113 views

I have had American Home Shield for over 25 years. I don't why I kept on renewing.

Heat pump kept on breaking down. They kept on making small repairs. When it being 26 years old it needed replacing. They said it was lack of maintenance.

Well they have been the ones maintaining it for 23 years. So I had to but a new heat pump/central air system myself. I have another heat pump same age as the other one. Tech came out and added 1.5 lb of freon and said it was okay/ Worked fine for 4 weeks and this time the tech said all freon was gone.

He showed me that it was where the other tech added the freon and did not tighten the valve. Charged me over $500 for freon. $90 per lb for freon is highway robbery. Can buy it on line for $30.00 a lb.

TODAY my hot water heater finally rusted through after 12 year. American Home Shield wanted $440 labor to install. The Water Heater has copper flex pipe and they want $440. What plumber makes $440 per hour?

They are basically making up the cost by back pricing on the install price. My contract says they will replace the hot water heater if it fails.

Do not get American Home Shield. They do not honor their contracts.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Heat Pump Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

American Home Shield Cons: Do not honor their contracts, Repairs when appliances should have been replaced.

Comments