Pensacola, Florida

February 2010

My claim to repair leaky bathroom faucet valves was denied because the knobs were not on when he looked at it so he said he couldn't turn the water on to diagnose the problem even though I had the knobs nearby and offered to turn the water on for him. The leak had caused the tile to fall so we had removed and cleaned it up so he said that the site was not intact so they denied the claim.

If a repairman can't even turn the water on, I don't want him working on my house.

I called them and told them I wouldn't be renewing their contract. It expires in 2 months anyway.

Comments

I hate American Home Shield. I pay over $1000 per year for the insurance.

I they denied my claim after take over two month try. At May this year, I claim air condition problem and they send a contract company to fix it. The contract recharge freon twice then tell me outside unit leak need replace coil.

After wait two week to get the part, then they tell me need replace the whole unit. They send a report to AHS but get denied and said I am not maintain the system well....

American Homeshield sent a plumber out several times to fix a leak on my hot water pipe under the house. The plumber used “duck tape” to repair the pipe.

Needless to say, the duck tape didn’t fix the leak. However, Mostly all of our walls cracked and our floors buckled causing costly damages to our home. Our children were sick from mold and my family had to go without hot water in very cold weather. We are suing American Homeshield and the plumber for the damages to our home, health, and living conditions.

While American Homeshield tries their best to get out of being responsible for the damages, they also sent us a letter saying that they are not renewing our contract. Oouuuch! Talk about insult to injury. If you are or used to be a customer or contractor I will be very grateful if I can get a statement from you sent to my email bpsashington@bellsouth.net.

Or call me (251)232-5106. I am especially interested in hearing from any contactors and former American Homeshield employees that can vouch for American Homeshield’s encouragement to make cheap repairs that only puts a temporary band-aid on the problem and their deceptiveness with denying claims that should be covered. Customers that share horror stories like mine and ended up with damage to their homes, I’d love to hear from you as well.

I am not looking for anyone to testify in court, only a true statement. I will also be willing to give my statement to anyone who needs it.