Draper, Utah
1.8

Last night, I concluded a very disappointing phone call with a very unhelpful associate from American Home Shield named Tiffany. I decided to cancel my warranty because I have taxes due on three properties come December 1st, and really need every bit of cash.

I requested cancellation via email three days prior to billing (10/21/14), and received a response, via email from a live associate of AHS named Shantevies stating I would be contacted. If my card info had been removed right then and there, I would not have been billed the afternoon/evening of 10/23/14. Strike 1 where an employee failed to do their job. I then received a voice mail earlier in the day on 10/23/14 while I was at work, from the retention department, who also failed to remove my payment information. Strike 2, second employee did not due the simple task of removing my payment info. Consequently, the transaction of $52.30 on my Visa card was withdrawn the afternoon/evening of 10/23.

Upon seeing this transaction, I contacted American Home Shield and spoke to a representative named Tiffany.

I asked a number of things from this rep, who failed to do any of them:

1.Cancel my account/provide a refund (could not/would not issue a refund)

2.Provide an email address for the CEO/Corporate office (only had a mailing address, even though the whole global/transnational society does email)

3.Find me a supervisor that could take my call (apparently this call center did not have a supervisor on shift)

4.Transfer me to the retention department

Strike 3, 3rd employee did not assist.

When I saw the call was going downhill, I recorded it via my laptop, and advised Tiffany that it will be released to the national/social media to ensure no other customers get taken by this company. I also emailed the VP of Communications for Service Master Peter Tosche, but he only forwarded my email to customer service. 4 separate empoyees passed the buck in this case, apparently to keep my account from being cancelled, it appears this is the practice of AHS to force customers to stay.

I fully expect that Tiffany and Shantevies and the rep who called today will have their employment terminated, as this refund could have been handled at any juncture in between. I do not appreciate any kind of elongation or attempt to keep from issuing a genuine cancellation request. I will be creating a blog about AHS toay, where I will post the audio of the conversation. I will also keep looking for Mark Barry. the CEO's email address.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Comments

I'm going through the same problem as well, very hard to cancel a contract.

Where can I find your blog about AHS ?

American Home Shield Reviews