Los Angeles, California

Even though my automatic payments are deducted monthly, I received a letter claiming I did not make payments, and threatening to turn me over to a collection agency and destroy my credit. Keep in mind, I have automatic payments taken by this company monthly, to-date, so I can prove in a court of law that these collection threats are in error. As a side observation, I did not sign a yearly contract, so why collection threats as if I'm forced to make payments? The frustrating part is facing the prospect of having to fight AHS in court to correct their error.

It is impossible to get through to customer service to resolve the issue. I've never waited on hold for more than several hours before giving up, so I don't know if it's possible to get through to them. I can only say my next stop is getting legal advice to see if remedies exist beyond sending copies of bank statements to the big three credit bureaus to show the collection is invalid, that I've made automatic payments.

Save yourself the nightmare that I'm going through and avoid American Home Shield at all costs.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Comments

I am a former AHS employee and to Brandie in our computers at AHS customer service AHS actually does pay the contractors very well to fix issues. Now due to the plumper negligent repair, AHS makes sure that contractors are insured so we can make sure if damages are done as a result of repair THEY ARE LIABLE.

No matter what happens in your court case, your contract clearly states the previous. Don't agree to contracts if you dont plan on clearly reading and interpreting them.

#419305

AHS is the worst warranty company. Thanks God I was able to cancel my warranty with them.

I strongly advise to stay away from this company. They always find excuses to get out of repairs.

These problems runs deeper than just your problems dealing with AHS. You also have to understand that the Parent Company for AHS is Service Master.

TruGreen and Terminix are also owned by Service Master, and they also have a dismal record of bad customer service. Just steer clear of any company connected with Service Master, or else you're in for a major headache.

I have not been able to get through to customer service. When I had a loss last year (theft of parts of my central airconditioner), I was told it wasn't covered.

But they made no suggestions or recommendations how to get it fixed.

I can't even print a copy of my contract from their website due to "technical problems." I will try to get out of this contract as it is a waste of money. I don't do business that doesn't offer good customer service.

Brandy, perhaps you can find an attorney willing to move your lawsuit against this negligent company to class-action status on behalf of all injured by AHS? You are in our prayers!

American Homeshield sent a plumber out several times to fix a leak on my hot water pipe under the house. The plumber used “duck tape” to repair the pipe.

Needless to say, the duck tape didn’t fix the leak. However, Mostly all of our walls cracked and our floors buckled causing costly damages to our home. Our children were sick from mold and my family had to go without hot water in very cold weather. We are suing American Homeshield and the plumber for the damages to our home, health, and living conditions.

While American Homeshield tries their best to get out of being responsible for the damages, they also sent us a letter saying that they are not renewing our contract. Oouuuch! Talk about insult to injury. If you are or used to be a customer or contractor I will be very grateful if I can get a statement from you sent to my email bpsashington@bellsouth.net.

Or call me (251)232-5106. I am especially interested in hearing from any contactors and former American Homeshield employees that can vouch for American Homeshield’s encouragement to make cheap repairs that only puts a temporary band-aid on the problem and their deceptiveness with denying claims that should be covered. Customers that share horror stories like mine and ended up with damage to their homes, I’d love to hear from you as well.

I am not looking for anyone to testify in court, only a true statement. I will also be willing to give my statement to anyone who needs it.

American Home Shield Reviews