99 views
2.8

I have been with AHS for 6 years and will be moving on to another company the end of this year. Their response time has been terrible and they are also doubling our premium at the end of this year.

My recent event with them was for a major plumbing stoppage in my home. Called Monday and they booked someone to come out on Friday. This was not acceptable. I told them this and they set me up with another company.

Well that company Titan Plumbing never even called me. I called them and they gave me the run around all week. Friday comes and plumbing not fixed. For about 4 days straight now I have been calling AHS to get my stoppage fixed and holding more than 30 minutes each time.

They say they have no one to come out but now authorize me to find someone myself and they would reimburse me.

Luckily a company that no longer does business with AHS came to my rescue. They went out of their way and drove two hrs one way to fix my problem - U.S.H.A.C (Note: They no longer are doing business with AHS because AHS wanted them to take less money for service calls and in the meantime they are raising homeowner's rates.) Stay away from this company!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Customer Care.

American Home Shield Pros: Easy payment.

American Home Shield Cons: Hold times, Turn around time for service, Doubling rates.

Comments

Home warranties are not necessary. Take the premium they charge each month and save it in a special account. Odds are you will have money for home repairs when needed.

Machele

People wish to be protected from everything and thus buy these protection plans from places like AHS. Best to save your money and when something breaks, either fix it yourself or replace it on your own. You will save money in the long run.

@Machele

Thanks. I'm trying to decide about a new home warranty.

Only considering as our a/c is getting old.

Expensive item to replace. :(