Mount Laurel, New Jersey

I am surprised they haven't been shut down by the BBB or some govt agency by now. Stay away from them at all costs.

I made the mistake of the year by returning to American Home Shield. Year ago I had purchase their most expensive coverage and my 1st claim 12 months into the contract they denied due o some very very technical BS reason. I canceled it and lost $550 in 1-year dues. Two months ago I returned to them thinking that they might have improved since then.

My AC Compressor works on & off due to bad and very loud bearings. The tech came in and advised that I need a new compressor. A very common repair issue you would think for sure it'd be covered. Guess what, they denied the claim, listen to this, because it is not cooling off all the time and I would have to wait months maybe years in humid and hot Houston summers and live with a a 1/2 working ac unit until it completely breaks down for the to approve the claim.

Not only that, some cooling lines are only 25% dirty "which is a completely unrelated issue to why the compressor doesn't come on" has to to further be cleaned before they can approve replacing it as well.

Unbelievable. It goes without saying, I called AHS to cancel my contract and after being put on hold for nearly an hour and going through 3 different levels of nonprofessionals I finally was able to cancel my contract and lost $84 for the nearly 2 months that I had them plus the $60 service charge I had to pay the ac repair person.

Comments

American Homeshield sent a plumber out several times to fix a leak on my hot water pipe under the house. The plumber used “duck tape” to repair the pipe.

Needless to say, the duck tape didn’t fix the leak. However, Mostly all of our walls cracked and our floors buckled causing costly damages to our home. Our children were sick from mold and my family had to go without hot water in very cold weather. We are suing American Homeshield and the plumber for the damages to our home, health, and living conditions.

While American Homeshield tries their best to get out of being responsible for the damages, they also sent us a letter saying that they are not renewing our contract. Oouuuch! Talk about insult to injury. If you are or used to be a customer or contractor I will be very grateful if I can get a statement from you sent to my email bpsashington@bellsouth.net.

Or call me (251)232-5106. I am especially interested in hearing from any contactors and former American Homeshield employees that can vouch for American Homeshield’s encouragement to make cheap repairs that only puts a temporary band-aid on the problem and their deceptiveness with denying claims that should be covered. Customers that share horror stories like mine and ended up with damage to their homes, I’d love to hear from you as well.

I am not looking for anyone to testify in court, only a true statement. I will also be willing to give my statement to anyone who needs it.

American Home Shield Reviews