Washington, District Of Columbia

I signed up with American Home Shield Ins when I bought my house. So far every time I have needed them , there is always an excuse why they don't have to cover the problem.

The people they send out just charge for the visit and say that the problem is not something they do or that the appliance problem is not covered. The they proceed to offer they own services which cost alot more than regular service companies, I soon discovered. One plumber even told me not to get a hot water tank from lowes or home depot because they were all being investigated by the government and only his was the best, at $600.00 When I called the company to complain they said they did not have a complaint department throught the phone, I had to write a letter and mail to a p.o box.# Doubt any thing would come of that.

Any way I wish I looked on line before I signed up for . I will not call them again that is for sure

Comments

AHS is useless insurance, Never delivers repairs in short time. We have been waiting for broken water heater to be fully repaired ever since OCT 18/ 2018 to this day=1/31/2019.

@Gorania

An electric 50 gallon water heater is $400. Why on earth would you deal with a broken water heater for more than 3 months? That’s plumb stupid

American Homeshield sent a plumber out several times to fix a leak on my hot water pipe under the house. The plumber used “duck tape” to repair the pipe.

Needless to say, the duck tape didn’t fix the leak. However, Mostly all of our walls cracked and our floors buckled causing costly damages to our home. Our children were sick from mold and my family had to go without hot water in very cold weather. We are suing American Homeshield and the plumber for the damages to our home, health, and living conditions.

While American Homeshield tries their best to get out of being responsible for the damages, they also sent us a letter saying that they are not renewing our contract. Oouuuch! Talk about insult to injury. If you are or used to be a customer or contractor I will be very grateful if I can get a statement from you sent to my email bpsashington@bellsouth.net.

Or call me (251)232-5106. I am especially interested in hearing from any contactors and former American Homeshield employees that can vouch for American Homeshield’s encouragement to make cheap repairs that only puts a temporary band-aid on the problem and their deceptiveness with denying claims that should be covered. Customers that share horror stories like mine and ended up with damage to their homes, I’d love to hear from you as well.

I am not looking for anyone to testify in court, only a true statement. I will also be willing to give my statement to anyone who needs it.

First off "Me" it is obvious your a child, have you checked your diaper today?

AHS is a joke. Contact your State's Department of Insurance and the Attorney General.

If your a senior get a hold of the Grey Panthers, they have a web site.

There are class action suits against AHS maybe you can recoup some of your loss. Sorry to both of you,

This is for SAME HERE.....it's obvious you can't write, are you sure you read your entire contract?

I cancelled them after they wouldnt pay for a covered repair.The compnay they sent too repair my furnace were slime.

American Home Shield Reviews