Homewood, Illinois

In July 2014 my air conditioning unit went out. Long story short it was a cheap 12 year old unit, that once it stops holding coolant and blowing cool air, it's parts can't be accessed it has to be replaced.

After many phone call to schedule , the first contractor sent band-aided the situation by adding coolant. It ran out less than 24hrs. The company went with the excuse that they could not access the parts. I called a national company and they explained what usually happens with these kind of units, replacement.

I of course paid them a diagnostic fee. From there Home Shield did nothing to help me rectify. They suggested that I call the manufacturer to inquire about access. AHS service team was rude and unhelpful.

It took 6 days to get my air repaired in Texas; 96 degree + weather. I have a small child. AHS and their original contractor simply didn't care. I requested a second opinion and they replaced my unit.

But with no help, correspondence or follow-up from AHS.

To date I have not received a follow up email ,call, nothing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Air Conditioner Replacement.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

How much did you have to pay total out of pocket ? How much is the monthly fee for the insurance ? Why is this a worthwhile investment ?

American Home Shield Reviews