NIGHT MARE with AHS. Worst customer service ever!!!

I was advised to write to the Attorney Generals Office.. If they get enough complaints they will review AHS and their poor practices of ripping people off.. I have been trying to resolve AC airflow issue since August of this year. I finally called in another independent company named Babbitt's, they happen to have a 5 star rating and they deserve it!

They told me the problem I was having was with the airflow and seals with connections. I sent the bill to AHS to show them what needed to be done and they denied and said they would send out another contractor. Oh by the way the company had a 1 star rating.. RED FLAG!!

I look at my contract and it clearly states its covered. We have had 4 contractors out to resolve this issue. AHS keeps sending their own out for a second opinion. I have no idea how they're paid, but I can tell you they aren't straight up and something is very flawed with the way they are conducting business!

After Babbitts came they sent another company out and it was determined it was a dirty filter. The filter had been replaced 3 months prior.. It was dirty but it wasn't the real problem, but possibly part of it. Babbitts was the only company that came out and what they said made perfect sense.

AHS works at finding loop holes. I'm so disgusted with them and there lack of ability to help and assist. I have a Shaquel Ryan with AHS for a point of contact.. She has done nothing to help and has given me the run around from the time she's been assigned.

She's not even responding. I've cried, begged for someone to Please, Please help me with this. We have had a total of 6 technicians, 2 we paid out of our own pocket. Melissa called me Thursday to say they wouldn't cover it because it was the filter, but the filter is a small problem in this and it has everything to do with the ductwork, seals & connections.

This is what my policy says (read policy below) Melissa was nice on the phone and assured me she would be getting back to me by Friday.. I have heard nothing from anyone at AHS. I've sent emails to my point of contact and nothing!! AHS Policy This plans covers the replacement of repair of the components of these key home systems.

A/C including ductwork, Heating including ductwork, Electrical, Plumbing, Water Heaters, Garbage Disposals, Hot/Cold Water Dispensers, Central Vacuums, Smoke Detectors, Doorbells, Ceiling Fans. smaller print: COVERED ITEMS: Leaks or breaks in ductwork (sheetmetal, duct board) and flex duct including vapor barrier) from heating and /or air conditioning unit(s) including registers or grills. Where covered repairs require access to ductwork, AHS will only provide access to, and sealing of ductwork through unobstructed walls, ceilings or floors, and will return access openings to a rough finish. If a leak is detected as a result of legally mandated diagnostic testing ( not covered by AHS per Section D.

AHS will repair and replace accessible and unobstructed ductwork.. I PURCHASED AHS WARRANTY FOR PEACE OF MIND SO I WOULD BE COVERED IF ANYTHING HAPPENED IN OUR GEORGIA HOME. THE LAST COMPANY THAT CAME OUT SAID THEY COULD FIX IT FOR $1,800.00 BUT THAT AHS WOULD NOT. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!

THATS NOT WHAT MY POLICY STATES. I reached out to the last contractor in and they said that it is from normal wear and tear. Someone in the past sprayed insulation in the attic way before us owning the house, and over time has caused problems with connections, seals, airflow at the vents hindering the airflow. I'm pretty darn positive no one intensionally went in the attic to curate or cause damage at anytime.

I purchase this house after that fact. I purchased AHS Warranty for any unforeseen circumstances, which I believe this has fallen under. I've experienced hours on hold, water damage, no responses back!! I'M NOT GOING AWAY!!!

This has been going on since August of this year!! Truly, Carolynne

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Claim.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Sabrinia

IF YOU DO ANYTHING AT ALL BESURE TO FILE WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE. THEY DO LISTEN AND THEY WILL FOLLOW UP. IF ENOUGH PEOPLE ARE FED UP THEY WILL INVESTIGATE..

American Home Shield Reviews