Austin, Texas

AHS is like dealing with the worst federal bureaucracy to get anything done, and don't count it getting done unless you're prepared to be treated like a defendent in a murder case. I've had this service for 6 years and the few times I've needed it has been a nightmare.

I'm dropping it.

I've had this service for 6 years and the few times I've needed it has been a nightmare. I'm dropping it.

Comments

our dryer broke a couple weeks ago.

It took 4 trips in 4 weeks for the repair-man sent by AHS to recognize it can't be fixed.

Then AHS decided to send another repair-man to repeat the same process and refuse to replace it.

What the heck!

What a scam!

What if the AC breaks, we can't wait 4 months to get it fixed or replaced.

Just cancelled the policy!

Their customer service is terrible, each time you call you'll have to wait almost an hour to get anyone to respond to you every single time. Try their upper level customer service at 1-877-489-8320, and have fun waiting.

My attic fan is not working and making lots of noise, so I disconnect the wire as it was hard wired. The electrician are so incompetent, came take a look and said the wires are cut and will not check the fan. Now AHS said the wires are cut and warranty cannot cover.

Just because I unplug an appliance, it voids the warranty? Does it make sense?

AHS is an absoltule disaster. Complete low-budget scam.

Just try contacting them: Phone wait times in excess of an hour; their self-serve web site crashing; promises with no delivery.

You would be absolutely insane to consider their services.

My A/C went out in June and it still has not been fixed. The first company they contracted through just would not show up and would not answer repeated calls from myself or AHS.

The second company they hired is completely incompitent. They came out and said we needed a new coil. They ordered a new coil and we waited two weeks. When they came to install it they said it was the wrong one.

They then said we needed a new air handler but it would cost us $150. We paid it to just to get air conditioning working. They installed a new air handler but it only worked for about 8 hours. We had to wait another week for them to come out again.

All they did was add freon which lasted for about 8 hrs again. After waiting another 3-4 days for them to look at it again, they then said we need a new coil. We have been waiting for the new coil to come for 3 weeks now with no luck. I looked up the company they contracted through and the BBB rated them an F.

I am fairly confident i am being ignored now by both companies. I plan to give them 1 more month.

Then get an estimate to repair the A/C from a real company and then take AHS to small claims court for breech of contract. I would be very surprised if they actually show up.

American Home Shield Reviews