Franklin, Tennessee
1.6

Update by user Jun 04, 2016

This is a rating of a home warranty service, not a product per se. Therefore the top two lines are not applicable.

Even though the representatives are friendly, they are not responsible for company policy, which seems to be under staffing at the call center, poor quality contractors who are overbooked, take too long to book appointments for repairs and frequently say something can't be fixed when it could by a privately hired contractor (had this experience with Greenway a few times), or say they fixed it when they did not, getting $75 each time they come out.

Most recently the second contractor (Jaime Aquillor) was good, gave me an appointment within 24 hours, traveled 30 miles to get to my house, fixed the disposal quickly, so after many phone calls it finally got fixed, but I was so frustrated I was near the point of hiring a plumber to do it. That may be part of their game - make it so aggravating that you will pay for it yourself.

Original review posted by user Jun 01, 2016

I scheduled online that I needed a garbage disposal repaired. I called AHS to update my phone numbers, waiting 35 minutes for anyone to answer.

Greenway only tried one number. When I got home it was too late to get them. Greenway wanted me to wait 10 days. I called AHS back to say I thought that was too long and that I wanted another contractor.

I waited 35 minutes on that call. She said she had to confirm it with Greenway, then have someone call me back the next day. It did not happen. I tried chat, waited over 30 minutes, never got anyone.

I waited for them to answer an email. I tried to resubmit online again for broken garbage disposal, but they won't let me because I am in "process to have it repaired" although nothing has been scheduled. Their customer service is never available. After I sell this house I would never buy AHS warranty again.

TERRIBLE! The last time they replaced the garbage disposal, I called to report it was leaking under the cabinet. Greenway guy said it wasn't. I had to take multiple time lapse photos to prove there was a slow drip leak.

I had to pay the $75 service charge twice because too much time had passed, even though he missed it the first time. Greenway was not able to fix the switch on my whirlpool tub. I hired another plumber who was able to fix it, paying out of my pocket. I basically have the warranty for big ticket items, which they have never replaced.

Greenway replaced the heating element in my GE Profile three times.

It never dried well (it was 10 years old). I eventually bought a new drier, which AHS should have done.

I called again waited 25 minutes, this time Antoinette was helpful and cancelled Greenway and scheduled another plumber for tomorrow, so AHS has one good one.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Pros: Friendly on phone.

American Home Shield Cons: Slow response, Callcenter, Too long of wait on the phone, Literally nonexistent customer service, Wait time on telephone always over 30 minutes, Wait time on online chat over 30 minutes, Scheduled repair of garbage disposal in 10 days.

Comments