Leesburg, Florida

We call AHS March 6, 2008 for an emergency repair in our electrical panel breakers. We were without running water and air conditioning. The service call never came that day and they gave us a schedule 4 days later.

We told we can't wait because we have a 11 years old kid who can be 3 days without water ( we have a water pump and no connected co city water). They advice us to find any electrical handyman in the area and they will pay that bill. We did it in March 7 ( one day after calling AHS) and when calling canceling the schedule and asking for instructions for the reimbursement they told me we need to ask first for authorization first and never pay that $140 no matter we gave information and we have the bill to probe it.

4 days after that , they sent anyway one electrician in March 11, and we told that person we already canceled that job and he leave, noting that he didn't do any repairs because all was fixed..And now on top of not paying us the $140 for the emergency repair they are charging us also $55 extras for that handyman visit who came here 3 days after we cancel the job and he didn't do nothing because all was already fixed.

This is abusive and is a real scam. Now we need a service from AHS again and we need to pay that $55 fee in order to get a service and the contract reinstated.

We are asking to clarify this matter because we can't pay for a cancelled job that never was done and we call 4 days before o cancel.

Beatriz Gonzalez

8067 SW 103rd Street Rd

Ocala, Fla 34481

Cell 305-975-7469

Comments

AHS took our money and gave us nothing but grief. Dump them and fix it yourself.

you'll be better off. I have been turned down twice for service. They would not fix my refrigerator a couple of years ago and today I was turned away for service for my central air conditioning 2010.

I will never use them again. Believe me when I say they are a rip off.

American Homeshield sent a plumber out several times to fix a leak on my hot water pipe under the house. The plumber used “duck tape” to repair the pipe.

Needless to say, the duck tape didn’t fix the leak. However, Mostly all of our walls cracked and our floors buckled causing costly damages to our home. Our children were sick from mold and my family had to go without hot water in very cold weather. We are suing American Homeshield and the plumber for the damages to our home, health, and living conditions.

While American Homeshield tries their best to get out of being responsible for the damages, they also sent us a letter saying that they are not renewing our contract. Oouuuch! Talk about insult to injury. If you are or used to be a customer or contractor I will be very grateful if I can get a statement from you sent to my email bpsashington@bellsouth.net.

Or call me (251)232-5106. I am especially interested in hearing from any contactors and former American Homeshield employees that can vouch for American Homeshield’s encouragement to make cheap repairs that only puts a temporary band-aid on the problem and their deceptiveness with denying claims that should be covered. Customers that share horror stories like mine and ended up with damage to their homes, I’d love to hear from you as well.

I am not looking for anyone to testify in court, only a true statement. I will also be willing to give my statement to anyone who needs it.

AHS has a class action suit pending. Will be heard in San Diego in April.

I hope this company goes under....they take our money and give us nothing but grief.

Dump them and fix it yourself. you'll be better off

Here are some tips: call back and ask to be connected to your local AHS rep. They can help you out, offer personal service and get/clarify questions and answers! If cust service cant, call a realty comp and ask them who the rep is.

AND... ask for a 2nd OPINION!

Also, go online and read the contract! Like all other warranties, see what is and isnt covered. I have WONDERFUL experiences with AHS and WOULD NOT use anything else!

AND... ask for a 2nd OPINION!

Here is a tip: call back and ask to be connected to your local AHS rep. They can help you out, offer personal service and get/clarify questions and answers!

American Home Shield Reviews