61 views

Last year I called AHS because of a faulty kitchen faucet. Tech inspected the item and informed me that he needed an ok fro AHS to replace.

Subsequently, I was notified that they would not pay because it was negligence on my part. I contacted the tech, who stated that he never made that claim. After complaining to BBB. AHS relented and paid me.

This time I called because of a very loud drum on my washing machine.

The tech came turned the drum once and told me it was the bearings. He was in-and-out in about 5 min. Then I was by AHS that they were refusing to pay because "I overloaded" the machine. First, the tech never said that, and second, how could anybody make that determination by rotating a drum?

Basically, AHS is being dishonest so they don't have to pay for the repair.

So if you are going to pay a company to insure your property when it needs repair, and the company is going to use excuses and blame you, what is the use of paying them. I was then told I had no recourse, because it was in the contract.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Pros: Can think of one.

American Home Shield Cons: Are dishonest.

Location: Murrieta, California

Comments

The techs DID make those claims, because they have to try to find a basis for denial, or pay for the repair himself without adequate reimbursement. AHS calculates the average per claim ticket cost that the service company is charging AHS, and they use that to determine which area vendor will get the huge volume of work orders they will dispatch.

Of course, AHs wants to send the highest volume of new work orders to the vendor with the lowest average cost per claim—regardless of what work was needed or actually performed.

That is very unfair, and results in shoddy work and non-coverage, in order to keep the costs down. Until they stop forcing the vendors to eat it, and actually PAY without THREATS, all the AHS customers will suffer these situations.

American Home Shield Reviews