Verified Reviewer

1.2

My wife and I are elderly and have an old wash machine. There is just two of us and never over load this machine.

We can't because we can't pick up that heavy of clothes therefore we wash twice a week. When we asked for Service they sent out a repair company that spent less than 10 minutes they said some times these just break and sometimes they are overloaded and break, We made it clear we don't over load the machine. Charged us $100.00. AHS denied our claim because they said we overloaded the machine.

AHS said they would send out another company for second opinion. They came out charged another $100.00 stayed less than 10 minutes. The repair man said it could not be fixed, and he said he understood our problem but did think AHS will assist us. Again AHS turned us down.

This fiasco took weeks to get accomplished and when we asked for a senior manager to call, no one called. I tried to cancel my policy, this became challenging. I finally called my bank to cancel their transactions. That's when a manager called trying to get me from cancelling our policy.

I said no, and I was able to cancel the policy, However, they charged $31.66 Administrative fee to cancel. After dealing with this insurance con game, what I spent I could have purchased a new machine.

Terrible Company. I can't believe a company this large will take advantage of old people .

User's recommendation: This is a real bad investment, Terrible Company save your money.

Location: Huntington Beach, California

Comments

#1935793

Sad, downfall for this company.

American Home Shield Reviews