Cincinnati, Ohio

AHS hides behind 'pre-existing condition' when rejecting a claim or if they do accept one use workers that are not knowledgeable on the equipment they are asked to repair. My first claim involved a toilet leaking around the base.

The contractor walked in the bathroom, took one look, and said it was a pre-existing condition even though I had just had the house inspected 3 weeks prior and no leak was present. A simple $3 wax seal fixed the issue. My second claim involved a refrigerator that wasn't cooling. The contractor said it needed a new circuit board without even performing any diagnostics.

I called a local repairman who diagnosed and fixed the problem the next day. A fan had frozen up and just had to be thawed out. My last claim involved the furnace. The repairman said it needed a very expensive part replaced.

Again I called a local repairman who unclogged a vacuum line, no parts were needed. In each case I had to pay the service fee and they tried to sell unnecessary parts.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments