Tallahassee, Florida

The American Home Shield contract says "AHS will accept service requests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." It also says "The services will be initiated under normal circumstances within 48 hours after your service request is made to AHS." I contacted AHS at about 6 pm on August 9 to request AC repair. Because I had not heard from AHS or a contractor by the afternoon of August 10, I called AHS.

Shortly after that call I heard from the contractor. They said the earliest service appointment was Friday, August 14. I expressed dissatisfaction and told them I would take the matter up with AHS. A short while later, the contractor called back and said they could provide service on Wednesday, August 12 between 4 and 8 pm.

That's 72 hours after my request to AHS. I called AHS and the agent claimed the 48 hours began when business hours resumed on August 10. I disputed her claim and asked to speak with a supervisor. I was forwarded to a supervisor's answering machine and left a detailed message.

I received no return call on August 10. Will keep trying.

Preferred solution: Provide service within 48 hours as agreed..

American Home Shield Cons: Customer service, Commitment to contract terms.

Comments

Customer service - very poor. Whatever you ask, the answer is going to be "no." This is the way it's going to be, take it or leave it.

American Home Shield Reviews