97 views
1.3

Purchased a contract for two homes. Three months into the contract I attempted to initiate a claim about an oven not working.

I was on hold for over an hour, then cut off. So filled out an online service request & obtained a reference no. When I attempted to call the contractor indicated by AHS, no human or company ID given, just a message to leave a number & they'd call back. No call back in 5 days.

When attempting to get information @ the claim from AHS had to wait 2.5 hours to speak to a rep. She said that "dispatch" would be calling me "soon" to set up a service call. Four days later, still waiting for a call. Two more calls, each over an hour, without resolution.

Finally, out of frustration, I asked to be connected with someone who could cancel the contracts. As expected, placed on hold then disconnected. Today, frustrated & angry , I waited for @ hour to speak to someone in "Retention" who "officiously" informed me that if I cancelled the contract I would be unable to reinsure with AHS in the future & the rebate would be partial. Finally, done with AHS!

If only they had been as efficient processing my claim? A very large conglomerate company with absolutely NO customer service!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Homeowners Policy Claim.

American Home Shield Cons: Everything about this company after the sales.

Store Location: 25 E Lake Ave, Watsonville, CA 95076, USA

Comments

I agree. I was gonna leave a review about them, but didn't because I didn't want to let the website share my information.

If it's ok with you, let me share my experience here too. This is why they're frustrating: I read good reviews about them, so I contacted them and gave my information. As soon as I gave them my contact information on line, they called me, and gave me a discount and got all the information from me including my credit card number. They told me I could cancel it any time within 30 days.

Two days later, I called them back to cancel the contract and told them they didn't need to send me a copy of the contract. They transferred my call to the cancellation dept., which just tried to persuade me to stay in the contract. When I said no, they said they'd transfer my call to another cancelation dept. but after that they never answered my call.

I had to hang up after waiting almost for 30 minutes, and called my bank to block payment to them. I also heard they kept denying claims and lost in a lawsuit in the past.

American Home Shield Reviews