Fort Worth, Texas

I wonder if the AHS customer service reps. allow the customer to be on hold for a minimum of 30 minutes before they answer. I recently had the need for an electrician and held on for approximately 30 minutes, all I could that particular day, and they never answered. The following Monday, I called again and was on hold for 35 minutes until the call was answered. The rep. advised they she was aware of the hold times, but due to the fact I did not wait and get prior approval, they would not deal with my claim.

Although this issue did not involve a great amount of money, approximately $500, if you are unable to contact the company, how can you get prior approval. Thus, I am of the opinion this is nothing but a scam. If we don't answer our phones, then we don't have to pay.

In addition, the rep. will not give you anything but there first name, not employee ID number or other way to refer to there response and then refuse to allow you to speak to a supervisor. I was advised that a supervisor would be contacting me in approximately 3 days.

I will not be renewing my warranty with this company and look forward when they contact me in order to do so.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Comments