109 views

Update by user Jan 23, 2018

Not resolved. They just told me it is and stopped answering.

Calling the San Luis Obispo District Attorney's Office this week. They have a fraud division>

Update by user Oct 26, 2017

View American Home Shield Warranty vs Warrantee!

Original review posted by user Oct 26, 2017

Want to know how bad this company is...... read "I HATE AMERICAN HOME SHIELD WARRANTEE" on Facebook.

Don't try to find anything negative on American Home Shield Warrantee's Facebook page, they block our attempt comments! My story: After 3 years with the Home Warrantee, I reported my forced air heater was not working January 11, 2017. They finally got someone out after 3 weeks and about 20 hours of my time on the phone, who told me it would be $900 plus what AHS would cover to replace my forced air heater. However, when AHS called me, it was going to be $1,800 out of pocket to me.

When I called the local company who was going to install the unit, they told me AHS didn't pay enough to cover the work necessary for installation and it would be $1,800 not $900 including $300 plus dollars for a permit. (I have verified the permit will be $84. ) The company then offered me a $600 in lieu of cash payment. I tried to negotiate the Cash plus the actual Forced air unit but, "they don't do that".

Where can you get a forced air heater installed in your 1,800 sq ft home for $600? This company should be put out of business!!!!!!! The story goes on and on and is still not resolved. It is now October 26, 2017 or 9 1/2 months later and this is still not resolved.

Their response last week, we sent you a cash in lieu check. 1) I didn't get it, 2) I had told them I would not accept the amount they were offering. I contacted California Department of Insurance. That's a joke.

They sent me a letter and said that AHS was working with me..... So why is this not resolve???????

This company should be out of business. A

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Heater Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: I want my forced air heater replace! NOW!!! I have paid $500 for Warrantee Service since this issue began, apply that to cover my out of pocket cost..

American Home Shield Cons: Horrid company.

Store Location: 889 Ridge Lake Blvd, Memphis, TN 38120, USA