133 views
4.7

I have used AHS since 1995. They work exactly the same as Sears, Home Serve and other home warranty companies (they use a network of contractors).

I use them because they include Heat and Air Conditioning which in my opinion is the biggest home expense risk. Honestly, you can live without a dishwasher, but not hear and Air. If you don't have $1000 to $3000 set aside earmarked for that then you will be facing hard choices. I have been more than happy with this company.

In response to the guy complaining about his water heater repair, It sounds like you had a bad experience with a contractor. I had a bad contractor once, called them up, insisted they send a different contractor and they did (they actually replaced the contractor with a sears home appliance crew) . The reason you buy these policies is to offset personal expense risks. I spend around $45 monthly to know I won't have a devastating financial loss.

I use this formula. compare this.. find qualified technicians with non-negotiable rates who may start replacing parts using trial and error method and you may still not get a permanent fix, maybe replace appliance in the end. Pay those expenses with a high interest credit vs pay a monthly fee, get a qualified contractor, out of pocket costs is a $125.

I take these policies to limit risk and not have to get stressed.

stress is the real killer in life. William Kensington, Little Rock, AR

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Home Warranty.

Reason of review: Reliable warranty.

American Home Shield Pros: Use american call service agents.

Store Location: 889 Ridge Lake Blvd, Memphis, TN 38120, USA