2.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

My Air stopped working so we called for a service request for someone to come out and check it. The Company that came stated that we had a leak, needed a valve and coil replacement and to install some proper switch!

I was the called back by the company to let me know that my portion of the payment would be $1800 (why am I paying for a warranty coverage). I didn’t have $1800 so my husband talked around and his coworker knew someone who does Air Conditioning. The guy came to our house to see what the problem was, went and got some refrigerant, installed it and my air was working. There was no leak and nothing needed to be replaced, it was out of refrigerant!!!!!

If I was able to pay $1800 the company would have ripped me off and secondly if I was able to pay that amount of money I wouldn’t have a warranty!!! Needless to say I canceled my contract today and I am highly pissed that they was trying to charge me $1800 and I only paid this guy $300 total for his labor and refrigerant!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Air Conditioner Warranty.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I have had AHS for 4 years. All 4 years my AC needed refrigerant in the summer to use it.

If it needs it 4 years in a row--it clearly has a leak. The technician told me there was no way to locate it and the plan wouldn't pay to start "throwing parts in it".

All they did was bandaid it and their adds clearly say if something cannot be fixed it will be replaced. Its a scam.

@Anonymous

There are ways to find the leaks..

@Anonymous

Adding freon is a repair. If you did not have a home warranty, you’d be delighted.

Once a year is not that bad.

If it will go another 60 days, that’s all that matters to Ahs. And if they DID replace your system you’d only get a patched job and you’d get to buy the freon and pay excessively for modifications