Verified Reviewer

1.8

I requested AC services on 5/27 as the AC was not cooling – ATR General Services Corp came out and we thought fixed the problem. The AC went out again on July 16th and the family had to stay in a hotel due to extreme heat temperatures.

Once Again ATR General Services came out (7/20) to the residence performed maintenance and claimed the problem was fixed. While at the residence my husband (John Brown) witnesses a spillage of liquid substance and asked the contractor (Manual) if the unit needed freon – he stated that the freeon was fine. AC worked for three days and went out again on 7/23. By this time I am livid – I contacted vendor ATR General Services and was advised that they would not be able to come back out to the residence until 7/27 – again with extreme heat this was entirely unacceptable as this would have been the third time for this contractor.

My husband John Brown contacted AHS after 1 ½ wait on the phone line and spoke to a very pleasant gentleman whose name escaped me – but has to be documented. My husband explained his frustration and the gentleman stated he would put in an emergency request for us to get serviced (same contractor) we requested another contractor but the gentleman stated that this contractor had to be used (for the THIRD time). He told us he was not able to reach contractor by phone but had sent them an email stating they needed to service our home 7/24. We’ll on 7/24 after two hours in the am I requested my husband contact the contractor to confirm.

The Contractor ATR General Services stated that the earliest they could come out was 7/31 – well we were beyond livid. Having a small child in the house and my daughter who suffers from Asthma this was unacceptable. In any event I called a friend who requested a reliable person – because of the extreme heat I needed someone who could come post haste. The vendor Cruz AC – within 15 minutes advised us that there was a freon leak and we need freon.

He was gone from the house in 30 minutes and my house is cooling. I am writing this letter to request a refund for my out of pocket costs for this emergency services. Additionally I know freon is provided on my contract at a prorated rate which means we would have to come out of pocket for some of the costs but not the entire cost.

My total was $640 I am still livid and will more then likely discontinue my contract based on this experience. In the interim who can help me rectify this payment

Ms Sherry Brown

Contract # 26815****

User's recommendation: Do not use this company - now do I acquire a refund for my out of pocket expenses from another contractor outside of AHS contract who fixed my AC.

Comments

#1901915

AHS only pays $10 per pound of refrigerant. A typical residential system holds between 5-20 lbs!

The larger the system, the more refrigerant, and a split system holds more, as opposed to a package unit. AHS contractors will usually charge the customer as much as they can get away with, and you are better off using your own contractors.

If you cash out with AHS in order to go your own way, however, AHS will give you what their contractor would have done the work for—peanuts! You can’t have it both ways: convenience and low prices do not correlate.

American Home Shield Reviews