Verified Reviewer

I've given up getting my AC repaired or replaced by AHS. I've been a faithful customer for several years on three different properties, and I cannot get AHS to cooperate with me and replace my system which, according to at least 3 out of the 4 AC company techs, "needs to be replaced." I first put in a request for service LAST DECEMBER when the heater was making a loud rattling noise.

The tech came out but did not fix it. He claimed that the filter was in wrong or some such thing. Anyway, the noise continued, according to my tenants at that location. Come May 2021, the AC would not operate properly--house was 87-90 degrees with it on full blast!

I filed another claim (and paid another $75). Tech said system definitely should be replaced and that parts and refrigerant for it would be expensive and hard to get. He told me we could order the refrigerant ourselves and he would put it in, and that AHS would order a new compressor and whatever else was needed (and that he knew AHS would NOT replace the system--AHS is known to get away doing cheap, quick, temporary fixes).

Anyway, none of that worked out, and I had to send the refrigerant back to the Ability Refrigerants who was gracious enough to let me do that. AHS would not allow me to provide the refrigerant, even with the Tech they contract with putting it in, for OBVIOUS REASONS!.

AHS conveniently doesn't cover refrigerant, plus you have to purchase it from them at an exorbitant price--that way they can make up for whatever part they do have to provide with the extra $1000+ you're paying them for the refrigerant!!! What cheaters!!!!

I finally after months and countless phone calls (and returning the refrigerant at my own expense--almost $70--plus purchasing a $300 window AC for my tenant) obtained so-called approval to get my own AC Tech. Did that--in fact, got two local REPUTABLE AC companies to come out and look/give diagnosis (both said REPLACE SYSTEM) and both gave quotes for new systems ranging from $7500-$10,000. AHS apparently didn't like those quotes so sent another company tech out over a week ago.

Still no news. BTW--that latest company AHS sent out has a Better Business Bureau rating of F!!!! I'm currently filing a lawsuit against AHS.

I'm retired, have lots of time, and will not give up or give in to this scamming, fraudulent behavior and total lack of the customer service and care promised in AHS's ads and in their contracts. Enough is enough.

User's recommendation: Run, don't walk, to avoid American Home Shield. They promise all but deliver nothing!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Home Warranty.

Monetary Loss: $12000.

Preferred solution: I want AHS to honor their contract promises: replace unit w/ $10,300 Mitsubishi per quote from GP AC & Heat. .

American Home Shield Cons: Liars about items not covered under my poilicy, Time for contacting an agent, Retention department - deceptive practices, High premiums and no service--cheaters and liars.

Comments