Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I requested service 65 days ago. 65 days of Arkansas summer without AC and still waiting.

They have sent a tech to my house 5 times since the first call and I am still sitting here with a broken AC. I have lost $1200 in lost income taking days off for repair techs to show up and not fix my AC. I have called them 6 times and asked to speak to someone in their organization that can do something other than apologize. Every time I have been told no supervisors were available.

Are all the people in the call center unsupervised? I am starting to believe that is true, it would definitely explain the lack of customer service. Every time I have asked for a supervisor to call me back. Not once have I received a call from anyone at AHS.

If the folks at AHS are just waiting for me to send them a bribe (envelope full of cash) please someone just tell me. I am willing to do that if that is what is holding up getting my AC fixed.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Air Conditioner Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

The contractors are spending their own money on repairs, not the warranty companies. If the contractor bills AHS for more than the average $200 per claim, they will be let go and and get replaced.

The only way the contractors can stay in business with AHS is to charge non-covered items to the homeowner, and do high volumes of AHS calls. The contractors are indentured servants to AHS, playing the game to stay afloat.