Friday afternoon we reported to American Home Shield that our air conditioner was out. This morning service guy comes out for 3 minutes to tell us it's broken,DUH.

He tells us it could be up to 2 weeks before it is fixed. We live in Louisiana 95+ temperatures. We've had 1 pet die due to the heat and a 1 year old grandson living with us. This is ridiculous.

Any other air conditioning company could have it repaired the same day. We had no idea we would have to wait this long for service. Bad choice on our part.

It is the middle of June and in LA you cannot be without air conditioning. AHS is not a very reliable Co.

Comments

5 days? 95 degrees?

how about 13 days, over 100 every day!

they sent out 5 different buffoons, not one of them smart enough to change a lightbulb. waste of money.

If you are disgusted with AHS's business tactics, customer relations AND DENIAL OF TRUE, VALID CLAIMS (ie: Breach of Contract)....

Here's some info:

If you're seeking CEO David Crawford's voicemail - here's how.

Dial 1-866-305-0259 as stated above. When the phone system says "Thank you for calling American Home Shield.... please enter your Representative's Extension" -

DO THE FOLLOWING:

Enter Ext. # 1000

The Greeting will then say: "Welcome to Avia Messaging, please enter the mailbox # of the person you are calling.... IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE MAILBOX NUMBER, PRESS STAR (*) TO SPELL THE NAME"....

After that sentence, IMMEDIATELY PRESS STAR (*) - then spell David Crawford's LAST NAME:

just input, "CRAW".... you will then be taken to: DAVE CRAWFORD'S VOICEMAIL....

Kindly leave your message.

If you want to call bluff - redial the 1-866 number above, go to Ext. 1000 and then input Judy's Extension "2100" (Judy Peedic - The Executive Assistant to David Crawford) - it will take you to her voicemail (or she will pick up) - so the Avia Messaging System is that of AHS...

Also, another Executive Assistant to David Crawford is a person by the name of "Matthew Boyd" his extension is 2103 at the same 1-866 number listed above (again, his extension also works in the Avia Messaging System @ AHS).

I hope American Home Shield makes right on alot of the breach of contract issues... :)

PASS THE INFO ON TO ANY SITE YOU SEE THAT CONTAINS AHS COMPLAINTS!!!

to ANON #617062

The contact information given in the paragraph above is no longer valid, as David Crawford is not the CEO of AHS anymore. Your best bet is to get in contact with their parent company at www.servicemaster.com

does any one know a good attorney to sue this company,i been out of air last 4 weeks,they keep sending bunch of idiots working on their side not to fix the problem,top of that they prolong any issues with 2 and 3 opinion,with different companys to *** you off,

Let me add to the AHS issue. I live in Louisiana which you know is extremely hot in the summer.

I contacted AHS and they have sent the same RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL company out twice. The first time I told them not to send the guy out again and the second time another technican came and we had verbal disagreement due to his rude behavior. I contacted AHS and they did NOTHING.

Allowed them to contact me and try to resolve issue but I specifically told them not to have company contact me again as well as the fact the issue which was my A/C never got repaired. I will be canceling my contract with them.

I have had AHS since I bought my house in 2004. Every year my AC goes out.

AHS replaced the air handler, and I paid out-of-pocket for a new outdoor unit just to make sure I was done with having my AC out-of-service every year in Jun. July. My outdoor unit wasn't even a year old and the compressor went bad, they changed it out and a week later it breaks again.

All I know is that they have AC in prison plus food and beds. I am the breaking point.

I PURCHASED A HOME WARRANTY FROM CAPITAL HOME SHIELD AND NEVER GOT MY WARRANTY PACKET IN THE MAIL.I DON'T EVEN KNOW MY POLICY NUMBER. ANYWAYS ,THEY TELL ME I HAVE TO WAIT 30 DAYS FOR THE WARRANTY TO BECOME ACTIVE WHICH WAS 7/2/2010.

SO NPOW, I'M TRYING TO CALL THE COMPANY CAUSE I GOT A BAD FEELING ABOUT THEM, AND TO MY SURPRISE THE PHONES HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED. I HAVE SENT ABOUT 15 EMAILS AND NO RESPONSE.

PLEASE DON'T PURCHASE FROM CAPITAL HOME SHIELD EITHER. $799.00 OF MY MONEY WENT DOWN THE DRAIN AND I SHOULDA KNOW BETTER.I'M STRUGGLING SO MUCH RENTING AND PAYING MORTGAGE ,IT'S KILLING MY FAMILIES POCET AND FOR A SO-CALLED COMPANY TO DO THIS TO USE ,IT'S HORRIBLE !

Apparently this type problem is standard operating procedure for AHS. I live in Texas 100+ degrees in summer.

Last year my AC went out. Attic unit was replaced rather quickly but AC company broke condensation pipe which flooded in attic and cause ceiling to collapse. At time of repair I was told outside unit should also be replaced as it was old unit too (20+ years). AHS would not approve.

Low and behold this summer over 4th of July holiday that unit went out too. I have been 1 week waiting on parts from AHS. They came today and now low and behold outside unit is no longer compatable with inside unit because of R22 conversion to 410A. Now I am playing waiting game again for another unit for attic.

AHS knew this would be a problem as one of their reps told me order delay in outside unit was because of this compatability issue.

To add insult they offered me $125.00 for hotel stay. Where can you stay in hotel for 2 weeks for $125.00?

Same thing for me too! We have horrible summers down in the south.

AHS was informed last month of our a/c problems. Parts were not ordered when they said they would be. After waiting for about 2 weeks, the part gets here, and it is the wrong part. AHS has told us it would be 6 more business days.

This is the worst service I have ever had, dealing with any type of company before.

I will spread the word to everyone I know. Bad word gets around a lot faster than good.

Same thing for me...except its been 2 weeks and our temps are over 100 degrees. I detest AHS...for being a service company, they don't even know what the word means.